• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Evening Pam,

Who was the supposed seller that scammed you, what car was it for, what was the registration number and via which website were you buying?

If you can advise me, I will keep a lookout and set up a deal if I find and see what bank details they provide.

It won't help you, but we can make them get irritated! Please ensure that you put pressure on your bank, especially if their account is with your bank.

Regards
    Carl

Comment

Jade, I still need the bank details of your scammer..........urgently please.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Autotrader UK have stepped up their action against fraudulent adverts to a degree I never expected. This isn't to say that buyers can feel safe to buy without taking the usual precautions, but the gang involved in the large scale posting of fraudulent adverts all over the internet will be hurting, and that makes me feel good. Autotrader UK aren't perfect and I still spot individual ones each evening so I'll always have a daily selection for scam baiting. There are also some curious anomalies I have noted that I am keeping an eye on. I only flag up adverts that I can prove to be fraudulent. Others I may know are fraudulent but I can't prove it - yet. As I spend less time on the mass posting of fraudulent adverts I'll divert my closer attention to them. I'm not after ever dubious advert, I simply don't want to allow this gang to adopt a more successful tactic to avoid detection.

An almost victim has mentioned an account that he was offered to purchase a VW camper van on SW - the last post on this page

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/vi...65660&start=60

The interesting thing being that this account is located in Skipton. I haven't reported this bank account myself as I only report this I get from my own scambaiting.

I can't stress how valuable it is to identify and report these bank accounts used in laundering stolen funds. As much as taking down adverts is useful, though the criminals have hundreds if not thousands of accounts at their disposal, getting them shut down is invaluable, not only to take away the means criminals use to steal victims' money but also to highlight where the criminals are finding it easy to get accounts opened.

Comment

Thanks Boycie. Posting here also for reference , reported to Barclays (and Michelle to save you having to Boycie)

Bank Name: Barclays

Account number: 83668312

Sort code: 20-78-42

Beneficiary Name: Mandes Aureliano
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Boycie View Post
            Autotrader UK have stepped up their action against fraudulent adverts to a degree I never expected
            What have they actually done, Boycie?

For the record, there's little or no sign of any meaningful change on eBay. Having said that, I was looking at my blog posts for Sept/Oct 2013 and I found several scam listings that were removed after nearly a week. Back then, it wasn't unusual. Today that would be very unusual so I suppose I should concede that there has been progress of a sort.

But on Saturday (4th Oct) 154 scam listings were posted by the same fraudster - using just two dummy accounts - and they were not removed until today, Monday 6th Oct. The life-span was between 39 and 44 hours. That's still criminal negligence, frankly, because eBay were notified of the fraudulent listings within a short time of going live - in the case of one batch, reports were submitted within 35 minutes.

To be told within 35 minutes and to then take 39 hours to delete is Fraud by Abuse of Position, in my unrelenting opinion.

"A person may be regarded as having abused his position even though his conduct consisted of an omission rather than an act."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/4

Comment

[MENTION=40949]Buster Jack[/MENTION]

The 'email address in photo' ads are still appearing but certainly as regards the dealer hacks, Autotrader UK are frequently removing them before I can get all the details posted at SW, and I can see that they appear to be working 24/7. That's such a remarkable change it's worth mentioning if only to show that operating an effective anti-fraud policy does receive some recognition.

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Hi there another victim of gumtree scam here ! I transferred 2000 pounds to a TSB account in the name of Konrad Rozniakowski 77 70 60 00367260 the good old story of this individual moving to Scotland and having the car delivered was spun to me and I fell for it ! Not only am I furious with this scum I'm furious with myself , I've spent hours trying to get joy with the bank to no avail ( both TSB and my own ) it seems they protect the criminal more than the victim , I've reported it to gumtree who say it's a common occurrence , that's great ! And serious fraud who are aware of this scam and are looking into it , I can safely kiss the money goodbye but it needs to be stopped to prevent anyone else going through this because it's horrible

Comment

Hi - Sorry to hear you've been victim of this Can I just ask how long ago you transferred the money ? and how did you realise it was a scam? Tools will post in a bit after the accounts been reported - presumably you've already reported it to Lloyds 0 - did they say they were doing anything about it ???

Welcome to the site, sorry its not under better circumstances (mind you, it never is here lol) xxx Sharon xxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hey Sharon,

Konrad Rozniakowski is the one I uploaded on Friday concerning Isabella and the Ford Fiesta Zetec.

Same bank account details which Jules has passed on.

Carl

Comment

It is indeed... Jules just checked his messages.

SO what day and time did you transfer the money Luluwaddy ?

Oh and is this the car you thought you were buying.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Can't believe there is no protection against being ripped off by these scams. I would agree that getting any justice is an up hill struggle. Not sure how the scam works but sounds like its a well rehearsed one. I feel for you as that is a lot of money hope you get it back but I know it will be stressful and frustrating. I bet they don't use the same name each time.

Comment

Originally posted by Luluwaddy View Post
                          Hi there another victim of gumtree scam here ! I transferred 2000 pounds to a TSB account in the name of Konrad Rozniakowski 77 70 60 00367260 the good old story of this individual moving to Scotland and having the car delivered was spun to me and I fell for it ! Not only am I furious with this scum I'm furious with myself , I've spent hours trying to get joy with the bank to no avail ( both TSB and my own ) it seems they protect the criminal more than the victim , I've reported it to gumtree who say it's a common occurrence , that's great ! And serious fraud who are aware of this scam and are looking into it , I can safely kiss the money goodbye but it needs to be stopped to prevent anyone else going through this because it's horrible
                          I transferred the money on the second of October , the amazing thing is " Alice " keeps e mailing me !!!! The cheek of it !!!! I'm fuming at the apathy if the banks involved this is criminal activity that is being condoned ? , the car I thought I was buying was a jeep Cherokee , when the ad was still up on gumtree I contacted the seller who was the " genuine " seller his ad had been hacked

Comment

Rarely is the account in Leicestershire for Barclays. It's the administrative centre for the accounts not the banking branch but, if I know the sorting code and account number, I can pinpoint the branch and confirm that it's a valid bank account.

The scammers are back with a vengeance on Autotrader UK tonight, and they're keeping me busy.

Comment

It seems to me it's like stamping out never ending fires these scum bags are unreal , until it happens to you no one could prepare you for how awful you feel

Comment

One fact that I can throw in to the pot is that simply to open a bank account costs a bank what is probably now something like £500 in staff, administration and other costs, and equally shutting one down that has only been used in a fraud and, considering that each one creates bad publicity for the bank, I would make a wild guess that each one costs the bank £1,000 in all and, of course, there is never a hope that they'll ever provide an income for ancillary services which is what the bank is hoping for.

Before I retired banks were engaged in a lemming like grab for accounts on the basis that they believed that they could generate income simply from holding as many accounts as they could and it was bizarre how much of their strategy was based on this simple fallacy. This is why I believe that account opening procedures have become lax as it would make no sense to follow this strategy whilst blocking account opening staff from providing the account numbers upon which the strategy depended.

The whole process was founded on a basic misunderstanding but it represented a means to crank up sales on the basis that each account opened should create a certain amount of income. The fact that many of the accounts opened would never render any income didn't matter as if made staff press real account holders more. That's how it works, but it does mean that you have a system where one set of staff open accounts 'willy nilly' and another set exist to shut them down, which any fool could see is woefully stupid. Considering the cost to the bank and the inherent risk in holding these accounts it is ludicrous for them not to be more active in shutting them down. perhaps even before they launder stolen funds.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X