• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Here is the e-mail information from Alice this evening to arrange payment of her PayPal invoice.

Subject: Re: Ford Fiesta Gumtree Query

My name is Alice White and I own the vehicle like I said payment goes to holding and I will get paid after you finish inspection. Payment goes to paypal account assigned on the invoice and will be released only after you are satisfied with the car, I am expecting the paypal confirmation once your payment is cleared.

On 3 Oct 2014, at 21:31, Alice <alice@bbtsky.co.uk> wrote:
    Done, The PayPal invoice have been sent at edited with all instructions how to proceed, please check your email folders also spam/bulk email folder due to internet traffic it may be be caught there.
    Many Thanks

Alice

On 3 Oct 2014, at 21:14, Alice <alice@bbtsky.co.uk> wrote
    If you wish to buy will get this sorted out through ebay / paypal now and the invoice will be issued and sent to you shortly by paypal. i await your reply. thanks

Alice

Last edited by Tools; 3rd October 2014, 22:38:PM.

Comment

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree &amp; Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

All in hand righty
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

The same thing just happened to me two wks ago i lost £2,200 :@ im so anoyed what can i do someone is to blame. Pam.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tools;476936]All in hand righty [/ quote

OK you buying the popcorn if so I like mine with sugar

Comment

• Re: Ebay &amp; Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

2 accounts passed across tonight thanks to Carl, our newest recruit
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

I will find more no problem as I know what to look for now within Gumtree Motor adverts, especially unbelievable deals. As the saying goes, it sounds too good to be true!

if we can put a stop to these scams, the world will be a better place and people will not be impacted financially.

Looking forward to helping as much as I can.

Regards
              Carl

Comment

If you find any post here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...and-Autotrader

or take your pick of Buster's excellent finds to bait, in the meantime, sleep for me, will hand over to the nightshift don't forget to put the cat out.

Comment

'Carlblues' - if you run out of scams to bait, I post lists most days of those I find on Autotrader UK on the SW forum. They start coming in between 5.00pm and 8.00pm each evening as the fresher they are the better.

Meanwhile another news report.

http://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2014/...ine-ad-fraud/?

03 Oct 2014

US industry bodies join forces to tackle online ad fraud

"Criminal activity threatens to erode trust in the digital ecosystem," said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, (IAB Interactive Advertising Bureau)

Online ad fraud and transparency have been much-debated topics in the industry, with media journalist Dominic Mills recently describing the current state of the ad industry as a "toxic cesspit of online fraud" that nobody is taking responsibility for.

"I am coming round to the view that parts of the online advertising system resemble nothing so much as a communal cesspit gone toxic," he said.

"This cesspit is bedevilled by the rotting stench of fraud. The local residents all know there is a problem, but no-one has the responsibility to clean it up or drain it."
                  If consumers no longer trust the adverts and don't use ad sites to look for vehicles and dealers/sellers catch on to this, ad sites no longer have a business - simples.

Comment

For Info: someone else saved http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...motorhome-scam
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://ukprp12.com/uk/itm/2003%20Peu...221E0E559FF&e=

Beneficiary Name: Nicolas Erbland
                      Account Number: 33321061
                      Sort Code: 20-78-42
                      Bank Name: Barclays

Successful scambait

I was a contributor, guided the prospect through it - she was the one in contact with "Alice" (who else). It was good fun!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6120...8&notif_t=like
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 5th October 2014, 21:38:PM.

Comment

Hey Buster,

i advised Jules earlier that I am buying the Fiesta from Alice for a 2nd time under a new e-mail address and received the same bank details for Konrad.

I also checked on Gumtree again and the Fiesta I was buying from Isabella (advertised in Warley, Essex) is now for sale by Emily from Kilburn, London with a Birmingham phone number.

Isabella has not returned my e-mail today as she believes payment received following Tools faxing confirmation to their fax number.

I would love to get my hands on these people for some retribution to all those who have been scammed!

Regards
                        Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Carlblues View Post
                          I would love to get my hands on these people for some retribution to all those who have been scammed!
                          Regards
                          Carl
                          So would I, but the best retribution would be a scam that fleeced them of every penny they own.

They're probably in Romania, although 'some say' they're in the USA. I don't know, obviously. It's disappointing that the FBI can't find them.

Comment

Yes indeed, would love to scam them back, tit-for-tat.

Well I have TSB Fraud calling me tomorrow morning about the account they manage for one of the deals, though based on what Jules advised they won't take any actions!

Comment

Alice today demanded evidence that I had made payment on Friday, so I pulled down csv file from my bank and then re-typed the information with a transfer payment detailed as paid to the PayPal bank acct.

i didn't show my bank or account details and outlined a Credit to me and my transfer to them.

They bought it and thanked me. Fickle b@stards!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlblues View Post
                                Alice today demanded evidence that I had made payment on Friday, so I pulled down csv file from my bank and then re-typed the information with a transfer payment detailed as paid to the PayPal bank acct.

i didn't show my bank or account details and outlined a Credit to me and my transfer to them.

They bought it and thanked me. Fickle b@stards!
                                Hello i think your great....i lost £2,200 just last wk......im so sad. :-(

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X