• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Originally posted by Carlblues View Post
    Hi there,

Just found your site after looking for a car for my Son on Gumtree and establishing that something was not right and too good to be true. The same happened last week as well when I bumped into "ALICE" selling a Ford Fiesta from Halesowen and upon contact, she had relocated with her job and would ship car down to me within 2-3 days.

SO now I am dealing with Isabella Shuman who this morning advertised her car on Gumtree and located in Warley, Essex. £2,208 for a 2008 (58) plate 21k miles mint Fiesta (well below market value).

She currently has car on hold awaiting my Name, Address and e-mail account (which I have used to communiate with her/it). Oh yes, the car is not in Essex, but with a shipping company in Scotland where she has just moved because of her divorce and wants a really quick sale! She wants me to complete the deal via EBay so that I am protected and allows me 5 days to ensure that the car is what I want.

I have tried to contact the SFO and have completed a report on Fraud Alert at this stage.

I would love to catch these people and as I am currently buying this car (so they think), it is a live fraud taking place. However, nobody seems bothered to get back in contact with me.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Carl
    Frustrating as hell isn't it. I keep saying to Tools 'can't they set up a sting operation??' .... but the police/banks etc just aren't interested. Money gets transferred online so quickly and taken out from any cash machines or banks all over the world, it seems the only thing we can do is keep getting those bank account details off the scammers, and getting them over to the banks to shut them down asap, in the hope someone's money is still in there.

So feel free to get the buggers bank details and post them up on here to be passed on and shut down.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst,

I will therefore provide the person with my Name, Address and E-Mail and await further instructions from them. As you detail, I should receive their bank account details, which I will then post on the site. I am sure that the account will already have appeared on here before.

Thankfully, I work for Ford Motor Company and been in the car trade for over 25 years, so knew there was something not right from the off, it simply doesn't work that way.

Amazing how banks / police are not in the slightest concerned with this fraudulent activity. I bet the funds go into drugs and terrorism!

Regards

Carl

Comment

Keep up the good work ! When you get the ebay/paypal statement from them can you post it up with the bank account details names etc, and also copies of their emails with their back story on too. All helps save others getting caught out.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Carl, I would prefer if you keep the details to this thread as I keep a close eye on this one.

As soon as you get the bank details can you email them to me first and then post on this thread, that way I will get it to the banks quicker.

All I need for now is
          Account Name
          Bank Name
          Sort Code
          Account Number

Send to julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info

You can follow up on here with other details.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Julian,

I contacted the seller and the EBay invoice will be with me within the hour.

I will send to your e-mail 1st of all and then post the corresponding e-mails with the person.

Regards

Carl

Comment

Here are the e-mails from the seller in the order received:

On 3 Oct 2014, at 10:18, Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk
              > wrote:Hi Carl,
              My name is Isabella Shuman, happy to see you are interested in my 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue 5dr. Let me give you a few details about it. 21,000 miles, no damage, no accidents, no scratches, garage kept, non-smoker, 1 owner. Full clear HPI report, 2 keys, V5, logbook, service book and all handbooks. The vehicle comes with Full Service History, 6 months MOT and 6 months Road Tax. The price was reduced at £2.200. Because of my divorce settlement, i own this car i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why i`m selling it so cheap).
              If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
              Best Regards
              Isabella Shuman

On 3 Oct 2014, at 10:38, Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:Hi again Carl,
              As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Scotland for a new start.The car is already at the shipping company sealed and ready for the shipping. The deal is handled by eBay so I don't have much to do about it. Using eBay Buyer Protection Program, you get free shipping, at your place in 2 or 3 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. For more info on how it works, I can ask eBay to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as I have some personal details. If you would like to receive the email from eBay with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name, address and phone # and they will contact you right away. If you want more details about the transaction before go ahead please let me know .

Regards,

Isabella Shuman

P.S. I attach all my Fiesta pic .

On 3 Oct 2014, at 11:06, Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:Hi Carl , The shipping company is located in Scotland .Let me explain you how this should work. Once you send me the info requested, eBay will send you an invoice with the payment details and all the terms of the deal. At that moment, the vehicle is reserved for you and no one else can buy it. Follow the steps from the invoice in order to complete the payment, you should make the payment using the details from the invoice. The payment must be done via bank to bank transfer. Once you deposit the money to eBay, they will notify me to initiate the shipping. It will take 2-3 days until the vehicle arrives to your home address and from that moment you will have 5 days to inspect the vehicle. Once you have the vehicle inspected and give to eBay the OK that you want to keep it, I will receive the money. I will not receive any money until then. If you decide that you don't want the vehicle, but I'm sure that will not be the case, you will receive the money back and I will get the vehicle back. Remember that you will not pay any extra pounds, all you pay is the price of the vehicle.
              If you are determined in buying the vehicle, please send me an email with your full name and full shipping address. I will post the transaction mentioning the vehicle details, the price etc on eBay and confirm you as the buyer.
              After the transaction is processed they will send you the invoice explaining the exact procedure

Best Regards

Isabella Shuman

On 3 Oct 2014, at 12:42, Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:Hi Carl , If you want reserve my car for you i need your full name and full shipping address with your phone#. I will post the transaction mentioning the vehicle details, the price etc on eBay and confirm you as the buyer.
              After the transaction is processed they will send you the invoice explaining the exact procedure

Isabella Shuman

Date: 3 October 2014 16:16:56 BST
              To: Carl Harris <carlblues@me.com>
              Subject: Re: Ford Fiesta for sale
              Reply-To: Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi again Carl ,
              I already forward your details at eBay and I think they will send you the notifications of the payment. All you will need to do is wait for the invoice and follow the instructions eBay provides in there. Most likely you will receive the invoice in maximum 1 hour. Please let me know after you will be contacted by them, and if you agree the terms, when will you be able to confirm the payment, so I know when to start the shipping process. I will really appreciate a reply from you to let me know your status in this deal.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Isabella Shuman

P.S. Please stay online for receive the eBay invoice.

I will update once I receive invoice and bank details.

Regards

Carl

Comment

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree &amp; Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Oops, seems that EBay cannot send the invoice to my me.com e-mail account, so have supplied my hotmail address now!

Date: 3 October 2014 16:24:17 BST
                To: Edited
                Carl please give me another email address like yahoo,hotmail,gmail because your me.com email address is not available for receive the eBay invoice.

Isabella Shuman

Date: 3 October 2014 16:37:09 BST
                Thank you . In few minutes eBay will be send in your hotmail email the invoice with all payment instruction .

Isabella Shuman

Date: 3 October 2014 16:40:13 BST
                Hi Carl ,

Yes is ok your hotmail email address.

Isabella Shuman
                Last edited by Tools; 3rd October 2014, 22:43:PM. Reason: Removed my personal e-mail

Comment

Hi again,

Now received e-mail to advise invoice sent and also here is a copy of the invoice, which I simply deleted my address from.

I have sent this onto Tools, who will be contacting the bank concerned.

I have queried why I am paying Roman Andrei (name on Bank Account) when I am buying the car from her! I will post the response.

Regards

Carl

Date: 3 October 2014 16:48:32 BST

I just got the eBay confirmation that the invoice has been sent to your hotmail email address Because of the strict policies of the filters of Junk, you might not get the invoice from eBay in your box of reception. Please check your box of "Junk" of your email address in order to active the transaction. I'm having the same problem with my Yahoo account .

Let me know if you receive it or not the invoice .

Isabella Shuman

EBAY Invoice below:

To:
                  Subject: Your invoice for eBay purchases: 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue 5dr
                  Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 08:45:21 -0700
                  eBay sent this message to xxxxx
                  Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.
                  Your invoice for eBay purchases: 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue 5dr

Invoice for eBay Purchase Protection Program, Case ID GB9190247SKM, between Isabella Shuman, as Seller, and xxxxx, as Buyer.
                  Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.
                  Transaction Details:
                  Vehicle: Ford
                  Model: Fiesta Zetec
                  Year: 2008
                  Miles: 21,000
                  Transmission: Manual
                  Engine Size:

Fuel :
                  1,242 cc

Petrol

Seller:
                  Name: Isabella Shuman
                  Address: 118J Hutcheon Street,
                  Aberdeen, AB25 3RU,
                  United Kingdom
                  Buyer:
                  Name:
                  Address: United Kingdom
                  Payment Details:
                  Invoice number: GB9190247SKM

Date: 10/03/2014
                  Sale price: £2,200.00
                  Shipping costs: £0.00

Total: £2,200.00
                  Shipping To:
                  Name:
                  Address: United Kingdom
                  How to make the payment:
                  We require the payment for this item to be done through bank wire transfer:

1.Access your online banking service or go to your bank office;
                  2.Send the payment using the eBay Motors Bank Account Details;
                  3.Confirm the payment to eBay Motors Customer Support;

eBay Bank Account Details:
                  Bank Name
                  Barclays Bank

Account Name:
                  Roman Andrei

Account Number:
                  6 3 6 1 4 8 1 6

Sort code:
                  20 29 41

Amount to be sent: £2,200.00

Fax the bank receipt to the following fax number: 0872 110 4923
                  Important Notice:
                  • When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than 24-48 hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship the item. Your funds will not be released to the Seller until you have received and approved the merchandise you are purchasing.
                  • We will keep the payment until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will make the payment to the seller. Until then the seller won't be able to access the money you sent and in any case you decide not to continue with the deal you will receive a full refund.
                  • The Buyer receives the item and has 5 business days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the Buyer should accept the item. If he refuses the item, the Buyer must ship the item back to the Seller within 3-5 business days since the item was inspected.
                  • After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Purchase Program Team with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the items, the refund will be sent to the Buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the items are accepted, eBay Financial Department submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.
                  • eBay is fully responsible for the money once they will be transferred and take the responsibility to refund the full amount if there will be any problems during the deal.
                  Need help now?

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety Team

Copyright © 1995-2014 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                  Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
                  eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.

Last edited by Tools; 3rd October 2014, 22:43:PM.

Comment

And the reason given for paying another person and not Isabella Shuman is.........

Date: 3 October 2014 17:04:13 BST
                    Hi Carl , eBay has many agents for different transactions that's why the account is opened in the name of the agent. They randomly choose another agent for each transaction .
                    Please let me know if you have any more questions .

Isabella Shuman

People stand up and take notice of these scammers and their fraudulent activity in reaping the rewards of your hard earned cash through internet scams via the likes of Gumtree / EBay, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlblues View Post
                      And the reason given for paying another person and not Isabella Shuman is.........

Hi Carl , eBay has many agents for different transactions that's why the account is opened in the name of the agent. They randomly choose another agent for each transaction .
                      Please let me know if you have any more questions .

Isabella Shuman

Deary me, that's scraping the barrel a bit !
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Carl, check your emails
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

It seems that Isabella is in a hurry for me to transact the deal with EBay.

I have advised her that I would prefer to pay the funds directly into her bank account as I do not trust paying an agent.

I stated that she is much more trustworthy!

Date: 3 October 2014 17:14:36 BST

Hi Carl , Please let me know when will you be able to confirm the payment to eBay, so I know when to start the shipping process.. I will really appreciate a reply from you to let me know your status in this deal.

Best Regards

Isabella Shuman

I am currently playing stalling games with the person aka Isabella Shuman

Here is her response about sending payment to the supposed EBay Agent and not her.

Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk>
                          Date: 3 October 2014 17:24:12 BST
                          Hi Carl , I have one deal with eBay and i don't know what is the problem if you send the payment to eBay agent and not to me. I intend to use the security provided by eBay, because they have a great exchange program. The transaction will be fully under eBay surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong. They will be the 3rd, objective party involved in the transaction. This way you will actually pay for the vehicle after reception and inspection, considering that the funds will be hold in their trust account and released to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery.
                          I'm very serious about this transaction and I will be glad to finish the deal with you , but if you have doubts about this eBay case or ability to complete this procedure, I ask you kindly to contact eBay and cancel the transaction.

I've received a few emails and I am open to new offers.
                          Let me know your decision. I was hoping to receive the payment confirmation from eBay team today.

Best Regards

Isabella Shuman

Well myself and Tools from this site are now playing a game with the Scammer.

He produced a payment advice and faxed it through to the fax number of the ebay agent and I then advised them that the payment had been sent.

To: Isabella Shuman <isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk>
                          Sent: Friday, 3 October 2014, 18:48

Hi Isabella,

I have sent the payment and faxed through confirmation to the EBay fax number supplied on the invoice as requested.

Let me know what happens next.

Regards
                          Carl

I then received an e-mail confirmation as below (supposedly from EBay):
                          To: carlblues@hotmail.co.uk
                          Subject: Your invoice for eBay purchases: 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue 5dr
                          Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 10:55:11 -0700

eBay sent this message to Carl Harris.
                          Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.
                          We have received your payment confirmation and we wish to inform you that processing time for payment generally takes 24-48 hours. You'll receive a confirmation email once the payment is confirmed.

For any questions please contact our Sales Department by replying to this email
                          Thank you for using eBay.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety Team

Copyright © 1995-2014 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                          Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
                          eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.

The seller then replied to my e-mail:
                          Date: 3 October 2014 18:55:56 BST
                          Hi Carl , I've just received the eBay confirmation about your payment status and the payment is validate. Once the payment will be processing i will start the shipping process and i will contact you with all shipping details .
                          Best Regards

Isabella Shuman

How low will people go!!! I sent e-mail asking when my Son will get his new car and she responded accordingly.
                          To: Isabella Shuman <
                          isabella.shuman@yahoo.co.uk>
                          Sent: Friday, 3 October 2014, 19:29
                          Hi Isabella,
                          When are we likely to receive the car as my Son who has saved for 2 years to buy himself a car and yours was an absolute bargain?

He is over the moon with the deal and can't wait to drive it ;-)

Regards
                          Carl
                          Date: 3 October 2014 19:37:02 BST

Hi Carl ,

Once the payment will be processing i will start the shipping process. Shipping process will take 2 days . I think Monday the car will be arrived to your address. I keep in touch . Best Regards

Isabella Shuman

I have also arranged a deal with Alice, who I spoke to 2 weeks ago and used the same MO in terms of relocated to Scotland with her job and who wanted to transact via EBay. Yes you've guessed it another Scammer.

I am currently awaiting to obtain the bank account details, let's see who this belongs to!

Sent from my iPhone
                          Last edited by Carlblues; 3rd October 2014, 18:56:PM. Reason: Updated e-mail from Scammer

Comment

Hi Julian,

Not received a response from you yet in my e-mail account.

Regards

Carl

Comment

• Re: Ebay &amp; Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

try now, the other one bounced.

Comment

Suggest you tell her, him, it, that you logged on to YOUR paypal account & have sent the money using the details they provided AND watch them squirm ........I'll get the popcorn

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X