• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Website created on 15th June 2014 according to whois.
    more bank details, paypal/ebay scam this time though was on gumtree and seemed genuine yesterday but today price dropped,phone no. changed and contact email (in photo's seems to be common) which redirects to 'alice@stbcloud.co.uk' who i seem to be in contact with alot lately on various vehicles!AVOID!!!

PayPal representative Bank account* : Payment details:
    Bank Name: TSB

Account number: 21282468
    Sort code: 30-90-59
    Beneficiary Name: Leopold Timken

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.
    Invoice#: 1714519

Subtotal: £2,400.00
    Shipping(Free): £0.00

Deposit: £0.00

Total: £2,400.00

I'm sure you have probably seen this whole email but if not let me know and i will forward a copy so all know what to look out for

Comment

ewww same registrar as us
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

Have you been involved with this scam or just sought this out as this is the scam I have been involved with.
        Is it possible for you to give me details on what vehicle was "for sale"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah96 View Post
          Hi

Have you been involved with this scam or just sought this out as this is the scam I have been involved with.
          Is it possible for you to give me details on what vehicle was "for sale"

Thanks
          hi,if you are asking me,its just ones i have found whilst looking for a car,i had two going with 'alice',both bmw's,(one white,one silver)one over the course of today which went all the way to payment details and another previous which they continued today after they thought i was buying the other,they didn't realise my same email address.

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for their posts, you have saved me and my other half £4250. We saw an ad on gumtree and of course replied as it was a bargain so we acted quickly but I wasn't too sure so I did a quick search of web for details of the company and of the person who was supposed to be selling the "8014 JCB mini digger with trailer" and within 30 minutes reported back to my other half it was a scam so we can both sleep tonight.

Details we have are;-
            seller - Wendy Watson .... on business for six months in France therefore sense direct transport handling sale
            address - 62 chuch street Doncaster........ this is a housing office
            transport company - Sense (direct) transport .... although this name changes to a couple of others in their terms and conditions
            and address is 21 wild moor wood close, which is clearly a housing estate on googlemap
            Bank sort code - 20 46 76 ... which is a Leicester branch of Barclays
            Account No: 93488519
            Account Holder/Agent: Manuel W.

Hope this helps others

Once again Many thanks

Comment

Ahhh that's great news, thank goodness for you googling Thank you for posting up the details as it all helps people who do have a nosey about before parting with any money. Which part did you find us on searching?

It is always a good idea to google map / streetview the addresses given as often they don't pay much attention when making them up. One guy talks about missing his beautiful city when the address given is actually a tiny hamlet in the north of scotland.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Is this the listing? http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ler/1069443904

and have you reported it.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes thats the one http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ler/1069443904
                  and yes I've reported it so hopefully it will be removed before someone else gets scammed.

Comment

Cool - thanks - reported it too. Also reported the bank account details.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi All,

Just an update, I had a call back from Gumtree/ eBay with regards to the scam my sister was a victim of. Apparently, they are claiming that people have successfully got their money back via Action Fraud. I don't believe this to be the case. Has anyone successfully got their money back?

Secondly they are not taking any responsibility for the false ads being advertised on their website or taking park in the scams.

Comment

Ahhh Rod posted about sense on the 17th

17th June 2014, 17:05:PM #726

Default Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

Spot the difference:-
                        http://www.advatec.co.uk/
                        http://www.sense-direct.co.uk
                        WHOIS lookup suggests Advatec have been around for a while and is genuine, whereas Sense Direct is a blatant knock-off.
                        Very professional site - '' International Vechicle Transportation''
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire21 View Post
                          Hi All,

Just an update, I had a call back from Gumtree/ eBay with regards to the scam my sister was a victim of. Apparently, they are claiming that people have successfully got their money back via Action Fraud. I don't believe this to be the case. Has anyone successfully got their money back?

Secondly they are not taking any responsibility for the false ads being advertised on their website or taking park in the scams.
                          I haven't heard of anyone to be honest xx I'm pretty sure Tools did an FOI request on them for figures .... will ask him when he gets in from work later.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Very professional site - '' International Vechicle Transportation''
                            They picked that typo up from the Advatec site

Might be handy for Googling actually. Looks like harwood-transport.co.uk was another copy, but it's dead now.

Comment

lol, ohhhhhhhhhh, mind you I'm sure there's a few spelling mistakes on here so I can't talk lol.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Alan B has left a new comment on your post "Known Scammer Bank Accounts":

Another frauda by sense direct:
                                Account Holder/Agent: Andrea C
                                Bank Name: Barckays Bank BARCLAYS BANK
                                Sort Code: 20-69-15
                                Account No: 00364304
                                email: traffic@sense-direct.co.uk and wendy.watson56@hotmail.com
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 20th June 2014, 11:46:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X