• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Googling part of the David Robert Transport site results in this page, looks like Noblett Transport was an earlier incarnation of the same. http://www .quobuzz.com/whois/noblettrans.com

Also Clydemorn Ltd - http:// website.informer.com/echte-amateure2010.info

Morgan Transport UK Ltd - http:// chlooe.com/seo-review/morgtran.com

Ian Parkinson Haulage Ltd - www .domaintools.com/seo-browser/?domain=iphaulage.com

Kenland Overseas Ltd - http:// domainsigma.com/whois/kenlandoverseasltd.com

Jones Metcalf Ltd - www .domaintools.com/seo-browser/?domain=jonesmetcalf.com

P & B Robins Transport Ltd - www .domaintools.com/seo-browser/?domain=pbrobins.com

Incidentally these were found using Google. Bing found one result, which is why nobody uses Bing.
    Last edited by Tools; 26th November 2013, 22:47:PM. Reason: Sorry Rod broken links causing errors, copy/paste links to follow

Comment

Thanks! Now I am trying to figure out what will all this result in. Definitely behind everything there is someone just a lot of work to find them and the main thing whether I will receive back the money. I also wrote to the Barclays bank and gave the details about the payment and this fraud situation.

Comment

If it can help somebody, fraud car sellers email - thoma_t@ web.de
        Last edited by Tools; 26th November 2013, 22:44:PM.

Comment

lidoskate, can you re-check your tracking number on the site, please? I've seen them re-use tracking numbers for new listings, you may be able to spot another victim and warn them before they part with their money.

Comment

@Lidoskate

I will be honest with you. I don't think you will get your money back. It would help if you could post the details of the "Ebay" representative that you sent the money to. His name, the account number, bank sort code and the bank name is what is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by john barry View Post
              @Lidoskate

I will be honest with you. I don't think you will get your money back. It would help if you could post the details of the "Ebay" representative that you sent the money to. His name, the account number, bank sort code and the bank name is what is needed.
              The bank details have already been provided above.
              Account Holder: David Roberts Transport Limited
              Bank name: Barclays Bank PLC
              Bank address: 129 Brent Street, Hendon, NW4 2DX United Kingdom
              Account number: 70505544
              Sort code: 20-29-41
              IBAN: GB14 BARC 2029 4170 5055 44
              SWIFT CODE (BIC): BARCGB22XXX

Comment

Thanks! I checked the tracking number and I will keep doing it. At the moment it is not used. I will post the tracking number that was given to me in case somebody else face it -tracking number: 2013329799

Comment

• Re: New member- Hi

Originally posted by Tomoland View Post
                  Hi all, just joined and I wish I had found this site before I parted with a lot of money for a car that didnt
                  exist on ebay. It happened over Monday and Tuesday of this week and i am gutted to say the least, I did and received exactly what your front page tells you to avoid. I have reported it to action fraud and also wrote a letter to Barclays Bank giving account details of who I paid etc.
                  Hello Tomoland. Very sorry to hear what happened. There's a chance I might be able to help you, maybe 50/50. If you bought a non-existent car on Monday/Tuesday then it's possible that I noticed the listing before you did and reported it to eBay. If this is the case, there's hope. In accordance with the wording of the Fraud Act 2006, eBay could/would be liable if (as indeed is usually the case) they took several hours or even days to respond to my Fraud Report. By taking so long, they would be in beach of a section of the Fraud Act which sets out in unambiguous terms that a person or company can be seen to have broken the law if they fail to act upon information that could protect the financial interests of another person. By failing to act in good time - and remove the listing - eBay could be seen to be (in effect) complicit in the fraud, and in so doing any victim (that's you of course) could seek financial redress against eBay.

Anyway before I say anything else to build your hopes up, can you tell me the date and time of your first communication with the criminals, the make and model of the car, and the eBay Item Number.

Across Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th October I reported 40+ scam listings to eBay. I keep a record of all these listings on my blog.

So please let me have the details and I'll look into it. No promises, please note :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Buster Jack

Comment

Just noticed the same Conway Crusader Camper advert on ebay that I was scammed with. These are the details, I've reported the item to ebay. What really gets me is that he is using the same ebay account to do his business.

ebay seller: quottects
                    ebay item: 200982558528

Please beware.

One-Eyed Jack - I reported the item that I was scammed with to ebay but this has obviously done nothing to remove his account, what should I do to remove his account?

Comment

O-E-J Tomolands case is the Nissan Quashqai I asked you about off forum.
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

That listing has now been removed

Originally posted by CaptainCave View Post
                        Just noticed the same Conway Crusader Camper advert on ebay that I was scammed with. These are the details, I've reported the item to ebay. What really gets me is that he is using the same ebay account to do his business.

ebay seller: quottects
                        ebay item: 200982558528

Please beware.

One-Eyed Jack - I reported the item that I was scammed with to ebay but this has obviously done nothing to remove his account, what should I do to remove his account?
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Can I assure everyone who has passed on their details and anyone else concerned about this scam, that together with One Eyed Jack, John Barry, Rod Jones and many others we are working off forum looking at your cases. There are lots of people also working to prevent further victims of this scam all hours of the day the results of which not many people will ever be aware of.

Comment

i can't understand that no other victims of my fraudster are not seeing/appearing on here?. there must be 100's of ads posted on gumtree/ebay under sofia333@btinternet.com when is googled?

Search Results

1. 2008 VW GOLF GT TDI SPORT 170 | County Armagh | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com › ... › Cars, Vans & MotorbikesCarsVolkswagen

23 Oct 2013 - Ad ref 1036423111. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 077467153440774671xxxx Reveal number ...
                            2. AUDI A 4 S LINE 170 TDI | Strelley | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com › ... › Cars, Vans & MotorbikesCarsAudi

8 Oct 2013 - Tweet. Ad ref 1034689531. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 07713546407713xxxx Reveal number ...
                            3. 2009 AUDI A 4 S LINE 170 TDI | Sunderland | Gumtree

20 Oct 2013 - Ad ref 1036417784. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 0790000265079000xxxx Reveal number ...
                            4. 2008 VW GOLF GT SPORT TDi | Kimberley | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2008-vw...gt.../1037443532
                              £4,600.00
                              16 hours ago - Ad ref 1037443532. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 077152363730771523xxxx Reveal number ...
                            5. AUDI A 4 S LINE 170 TDI | Camden Town | Gumtree

7 Oct 2013 - Tweet. Ad ref 1034651660. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 07713647707713xxxx Reveal number ...
                            6. 2009 AUDI A 4 S LINE 170 TDI | York | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com › ... › YorkCars, Vans & MotorbikesCarsAudi

Tweet. Ad ref 1034809878. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 07725764707725xxxx Reveal number ...
                            7. 2003 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER VOGUE V8 AUTO | County ...

www.gumtree.com › ... › Cars, Vans & MotorbikesCarsLand Rover

Tweet. Ad ref 1036422814. See other ads from sofia333@btinternet. com. sofia333@btinternet. com on 0774671500077467xxxx Reveal number ...
                            8. eBay Scam Hunter: DUMP TRAILER

ebayscamhunter.blogspot.com/2013/04/dump-trailer.html

18 Apr 2013 - ...sjlizie25@gmail.com · slowskit6@hotmail.co.uk · sofia333@btinternet.com · sordidtorpor70@hotmail.co.uk · splendidfluid3@hotmail.co.uk ...
                            9. Carpigiani LB502 Italian Ice Cream Batch Freezer IC1945

ebayscamhunter.blogspot.com/.../carpigiani-lb502-italian-ice-cream.html

2 Apr 2013 - ...gabriel.lamb@btinternet.com · gallagherbarry@yahoo.co.uk<b>....</b...ternet.com</b> · sordidtorpor70@hotmail.co.uk ...
                            10. eBay Scam Hunter: Bobcat S175 Skidsteer

ebayscamhunter.blogspot.com/2013/04/bobcat-s175-skidsteer.html

13 Apr 2013 - ...gabriel.lamb@btinternet.com · gallagherbarry@yahoo.co.uk<b>....</b...ternet.com</b> · sordidtorpor70@hotmail.co.uk ...

thanks dixie 2013
                            Last edited by dixie2013; 5th November 2013, 18:46:PM.

Comment

• Re: Ebay &amp; Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

The eBay Scam Hunter posts show up because "her" name's in the list of known scammer addresses. That list appears on the main blog page plus against every single blog entry, so any email address in that list could get over a thousand hits referring to scams if Googled. That's one of the reasons it's there (the other being to deliberately attract spam to those addresses).

Unfortunately very few people Google an address before sending money to it. After all, why would you? If eBay/Gumtree/Craigslist anti-fraud teams were doing their job properly (i.e. taking action when fraud is reported, also spotting trends, traits and feedback nests) you wouldn't have to.

Comment

• Re: Ebay &amp; Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Was very pleased to see that Pistonheads has now included a warning to buyers if they click "Email Seller".

We need to get Ebay, Gumtree and Autotrader etc to adopt a similar approach.
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X