• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cash Prize Conformations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Prize Conformations

This is run by McIntyre & Dodd Marketing Ltd Ross-on-Wye

Found this at my dads ages ago and because of his health he can not comprehend that this is a scam.
    In the past he has had word puzzles and has done them and phoned up for his prize not knowing that he was being billed almost £10 on his phone. I put a stop to that hopefully and I thought I had with this I followed the instructions on their website to take off dads address.
    I found another one yesterday and obviously they took no notice of my first request, I followed the same procedure and also emailed them saying if my dad was to receive any more post from them I would take further action.
    My question is what further action can be taken ?

Thanks Enaid x
    Tags: None

Re: Cash Prize Conformations

They have previous form:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2010/02-10

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigat...-creative.html

Comment

Thanks for that Michael,

Feb 2011
      Yesterday the court said it will issue enforcement orders against the 53-year-old from Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, and associates Wendy Ruck, Catherine Cummings (pictured above with Williams) and Peter Jude Henry.Orders banning the rip-offs will also be slapped on five companies: Purely Creative, Strike Lucky Games, McIntyre & Dodd Marketing, The Winners Club and Dodd Marketing.

Fat lot of use that was then

Comment

Enaid,

is he ringing them from a landline or a mobile?

If it is a mobile, contact the supplier and ask them to add a premium bar to his account, this means he simply will not be allowed to dial 08/09 numbers from the handset, im not sure if a landline supplier can do this, but the might if he is.. confused.

Also.. it might be worth reporting them to the OFT for continuing to operate in this way.. im looking for any info that will bring them to a stop..

if I can help with the phone side of it, count me in.

Comment

please accept this website, its for the Mail Preference Service, they might be able to stop the letters arriving,

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/what/

Comment

Sorry for the multiple posts, but im posting as I find.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/typ...arketing-fraud
            report them with this link, hopefully they will have a nice little holiday at Her Majesty's Pleasure in Holloway for the ladies and Pentonville for the "gentleman"

Vulnerable victims and the Victims' Code

The Victims’ Code recognises that victims and witnesses should be at the heart of the criminal justice system.
            Action Fraud exists to ensure that victims of fraud have a central place to go to in order to report crime and get advice and support. We are committed to providing the best service possible to victims of fraud and those who need advice.
            Our partnership with the charity Victim Support is central to this commitment and this is why everyone who reports a fraud to us has the option to receive support from the charity afterwards.
            The Victims’ Code also makes an enhanced service available to vulnerable victims. Under the code, a vulnerable victim is classified as:
            • anyone under the age of 17 at the time of the offence
            • anyone who is suffering from a mental disorder within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1983
            • those with a significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
            • those with a physical disability or who suffer from a mental disorder.

If you want to contact Action Fraud on behalf of a vulnerable victim, we will provide an enhanced service to help. Please make it clear that you are contacting us on behalf of a vulnerable victim.

Comment

Action Fraud is an organisation run by the National Fraud Authority, a government agency, which provides information about various scams and a 24-hour facility where you can get advice and report fraud. If you feel that you have received scam mail you should report it to Action Fraud. The police may then arrange to recover this mail and assess it to see if it is fraudulent. If it is, they will take the appropriate action.

Comment

You can also get your call provider (landline) to bar premium rate phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                  Feb 2011
                  Yesterday the court said it will issue enforcement orders against the 53-year-old from Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, and associates Wendy Ruck, Catherine Cummings (pictured above with Williams) and Peter Jude Henry.Orders banning the rip-offs will also be slapped on five companies: Purely Creative, Strike Lucky Games, McIntyre & Dodd Marketing, The Winners Club and Dodd Marketing.
                  Fat lot of use that was then
                  The orders are of little/no use by themselves, as they are only effective if they are enforced.

Unfortunately, the Office of Faffing and Twaddling seems not to like to enforce such orders; they appear to prefer to seek agreement and to avoid such unpleasantness.

They are all the use of an ice-cream coffee pot.

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                    Action Fraud is an organisation run by the National Fraud Authority, a government agency, which provides information about various scams and a 24-hour facility where you can get advice and report fraud. If you feel that you have received scam mail you should report it to Action Fraud. The police may then arrange to recover this mail and assess it to see if it is fraudulent. If it is, they will take the appropriate action.
                    They won't, as there is no current penalty in English Law whereby a crook may be confined to the public pillory and to be affixed thereto by nailing through his/her ears.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X