• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PayPal Dispute...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Dispute...

Hi,

I know I'm new here, and it's probably alot asking for my first post..

PayPal has just closed an investigation regarding fraudlent use of my bank account.

I stated that it was unauthorised payments and that they were to be refunded as my bank account had been compromised.

My bank in general were very nice and refunded the other payments that were taken, however, PayPal has turned the other cheek.

They have decided to close my case and cite it due to 'insufficient evidence'.

Insufficient evidence?? I'm not sure what that implies, but from reading here and on other forums this isn't the first or the last time.

My question is this - How do I go about getting my money back? I don't have a PayPal account and I don't know why they didn't refund the money... I'm definetly at a loss here.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'll be contacting my local citizens advice bureau and my bank to possibly freeze my account to prevent PayPal from taking any money out.

Thanks once again.
    Tags: None

Re: PayPal Dispute...

69 Views or so and no replies.

Any info is greatly appreciated, any thoughts or any direction for me to go.

Anything you might think is helpful.

Or if you think I'm in the wrong and I shouldn't pursue it, please let me know.

Again, all info is appreciated, if I'm in the wrong section, please direct me to the right section to post.

Cheers all..

Comment

Just so you know you're not being ignored, I've read your thread, but sadly can't help. I had a dispute on a certain auction site not long ago and PayPal were superb in resolving it. Sorry!

Comment

Can you give a bit more detail please? I don't understand why your bank would refund the rest, but not payments made to/taken by Paypal? Was it your bank account that was compromised, or your Paypal account?

How were the payments made to Paypal, or taken by Paypal?
        Is no longer here

Comment

Sorry, it was my bank account that was compromised. I have since contacted my bank and they have refunded the money.

On another note PayPal sent me another e-mail citing that I contacted them, they didn't want to discuss it through the e-mail, but rather through a phone call.

I assume this was my bank, although not entirely sure.

Anyway, sorry to have troubled anyone here, I feel like an idiot :/

(I never had a PayPal account. Someone set one up in my name)

Comment

Who took money from your account and where has it gone?

Have you had the money returned to your account, either by the bank of by paypal?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X