• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Account Emptied by 3 Fraudulent Transactions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Account Emptied by 3 Fraudulent Transactions

I've just watched in complete amazement as three amounts have been taken from my NatWest Account and completely cleared out what little I had left before payday. One transaction was for around £100, another for £80, and the last for £200. They seem to be in respect of payments made to Ideal World TV, which is a shopping channel.

I've contacted the bank and they've confirmed there is nothing they can do until the payments have cleared, although they've happily taken the money out of my account already. They anticipate resolution within two weeks. I find this wholly unacceptable.

I've also contacted Ideal World TV and they have advised that they will investigate and get back to me. They couldn't give me a timeframe, but I've followed up by email.

Is there anything else I can do. I basically have no money until I'm paid on the 26th. Does NatWest have more accountability here?
    Tags: None

If you explain to your employer, they may advance some money to help you, especially as a fraud has been perpetrated against you.

Comment

It would help if you give more information, as possible they / gained, your bank details, this enabled them to take the money. This would help others falling into this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
        It would help if you give more information, as possible they / gained, your bank details, this enabled them to take the money. This would help others falling into this situation.
        I hazard a guess, a 'fishing' email, click on link, etc.

Comment

I’ve literally no idea how it happened. I’ve now changed my passwords on everything. I’d already enabled multi factor authentication on most sites / apps. It’s a complete mystery to me. Ideal World are claiming the payments are legit. The bank have stepped in thankfully and confirmed I’ll be refunded.

Comment

Some good news, you could ask the bank for an 'overdraft' to tide you over.

Comment

IdealWordl the TV shopping channel selling beauty products and fashion goods? It has terrible reviews on TrustPilot - 87% only gave it 1 star

Idealworld Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of idealworld.co.uk (trustpilot.com)

All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Doesn’t surprise me. Ideal World got back to me today to say that the payments aren’t fraudulent, yet couldn’t confirm that I had an account with them (I don’t, and had never heard of them until yesterday). Thankfully the bank has confirmed that all monies taken will be back on my account early next week.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X