• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My eBay got hacked, I've lost my entire business…what can I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eBay got hacked, I've lost my entire business…what can I do?

Roughly a week before Chrimbo it seems that the account was hacked. Can't be sure exactly what has gone on as ebay won't give any information.

Nonsensical gibberish from talking 'online', and impossible to get through on the phone to an actual human...The account is just totally blocked. It is my sole source of income...I'm desperate here! With time of year been waiting for this week hoping more staff would be on...but still can't get through! Is there anything I can do? They have a de-facto monopoly...no other way for a small timer for me to trade....realistically, unless there is an alternative now that I am not aware of?

I know it's a business, they can do what they like....but surely I have a legal right to get my personal info/ listing info back? 169 listings up! That's a lot of work unboxing everything, plugging computers in to find out the spec, re-photographing again etc...it's going to take me months!
    Tags: None

Start another business on facebook marketplace, as for your personal data, once you have agreed ebays terms in order to trade you waive your rights. No one ever reads the contract, if they did they wouldnt agree to it.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
      Start another business on facebook marketplace, as for your personal data, once you have agreed ebays terms in order to trade you waive your rights. No one ever reads the contract, if they did they wouldnt agree to it.
      trouble is they keep changing it...the contract, which I'm pretty sure is illegal anyway....but that can't negate the law, surely? it's personal info in relation to me so I have a right to it? been on facebook marketplace for years and not sold anything....

Comment

Ebay is an american company, it all depends if your contract is with the USA or its UK arm as to which jurisdiction applies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X