• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Social media Defamation and sharing of private messages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social media Defamation and sharing of private messages

Good evening. My very first post and hope you can help

Over the weekend I got into a disagreement over Twitter about a community based events company. I shared my unhappiness over Twitter about certain issues that have arose.

Later that day, my issues got posted in the events company private Facebook group that I am not in. The usual comments arose moaning about me. However, someone decided to share private messages I shared with that person, which I frustrated with. Then an individual responded to the screenshots of the conversation with a really rubbish and unacceptable comment saying "He sounds like a nazi child rapist".

There clearly isn't much worse that you can be called in this day and age and that comment has made me furious. Whilst it's likely that Facebook would take that comment down, I don't think that is fair enough action to be taken for such a comment.

The admins of the group won't take the initial post down The person who created the post won't take it down. Whilst the horrible comment is still there.

I want to take action against the individual and group for allowing it, but I am not sure if or how I can do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Defamation proceedings are both extremely expensive and complex, even if you had a good case which, from your brief account, I don't think you have.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X