• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraud at dealers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud at dealers

Hi, so I recently bought a new vehicle from a well known dealership, they offered me their "members club" which had some benefits that had no use for me, so not worth the money. After picking up the vehicle and getting home I noticed I'd been charged for it regardless. I phoned them up and was fobbed off with it being an 'admin fee'. Despite it not being on my original order which I have a copy of, and being told by another salesman that it shouldn't be there, they are still not refunding it. Given that I have been lied to I believe this is fraud, what is my next step?
    thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

How did you pay; cash/credit card/debit card
    how long ago is"recently"?

Comment

Finance..... which it's been added to, was in there today, and still being docked about! Also was told one rate whilst making the deal, and this rose when I went to collect the vehicle due to a "mistake", at which point I'd sold my previous vehicle, and felt a little pressured to accept. Had I had been told the actual rate, I would have waited till my credit score improved.

Comment

..... jad I been told the actual rate before selling my old truck that is

Comment

And yes, nearly 2 weeks ago now

Comment

good post keep it up
            Last edited by RyderMon; 20th September 2020, 06:37:AM.

Comment

How much was this "membership"?

Comment

Only 180, but besides the point I think

Comment

Originally posted by Albell View Post
                  Only 180, but besides the point I think
                  In principle yes, but sometimes the cost (both monetary and stress) makes it not worthwhile pursuing.

But what is this about the increase in rate? did you agree the deal without a firm finance offer in place?

Comment

Was told I'd been accepted with one rate, so made the deal, then when I got there (after selling my previous vehicle) was given a higher rate, and told that they made a mistake..... since then I've been told that although I'd been accepted, the rate would not have been finalised until I got there to sign the paperwork, and this is very normal......... apparently. Seems to be a lot of rubbish excuses, and explanations that dont add up....... and been patronised about understanding how credit works.

Comment

Also been told over and over, that it was my own choice to accept, I could have walked away, despite the fact that I am self employed, and it would have left me without a vehicle...... therefore, unable to get to work as I travel about 70 miles a day...... felt pressured at that point t to be honest, but they wont accept that fact. I have since spoken to the fca, but need to check whether my fiance is regulated or not, and currently an still waiting for a copy of my agreement as it was re-signed.

Comment

Vey responsible and high-quality paper, I got expected marks on all the writings. There is only one problem is that they often submit the finalized paper a few minutes after the deadline. I am happy to leave these wise essays reviews on such platform like this one.
                        https://papergraders.net/reviews/wiseessays-com/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X