• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraud need advice - I’m on the edge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud need advice - I’m on the edge

long story short, about a week ago the lady who I bought my house from (we will call her A) text me to say her partners identity (we will call him B) had been used to apply for credit and could I please let her know if any post arrives.

i had been sending back letters addressed to B as unknown because I had no idea he was her partner (never met him). I told her this.

I then got a letter for B and duly told A who came to collect it.

she told me that lots and lots of applications for credit had been made in B’s name including credit cards and catalogues and that these had been used to buy stuff which was delivered to MY address?! The date of birth was incorrect but somehow the credit was accepted.

i checked my own credit report and low and behold the same thing - multiple applications made but nothing successful (I have bad credit anyway) apart from a small credit card and a catalogue. The credit card has a £100 balance roughly - I called the company who said purchase were made on a well known website and that the card had since been blocked. The catalogue refused to give me any details but logged it as fraud.

A was told more info, she spoke to my neighbour (who she knows) and said the catalogue was for clothes for approx £500. She even had a description of the clothes.

i have logged all this with action fraud but I want To know where I stand - as the billing and delivery address are both mine and the items allegedly delivered to my home, do I need to live in fear of an arrest and search of my home? Needless to say nothing arrived at my home. In fact due to parcels going missing, my neighbours take in all my parcels (even she said she’d have noticed a mans name on the box!)

my friends are scaring me silly eoth stories of scammers ordering to my house and stealing from my drive/porch. I work long hours so im out more often than not, is slepne watching me?

Most importantly - will they be found?!!! Experian advises me to up my security (make sure internet isn’t open, run anti virus etc, change passwords) but what’s stopping them doing it again? and how do I prove my innocence? I’m widowed with small children and no family, I can’t risk anything happening to me
    Tags: None

https://cifas.org.uk/services/identi...e-registration

( sorry to just drop a link - worth looking into - I'll pop back in later )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X