• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fabricated Emails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabricated Emails

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows which law would cover, or any info that could help regarding the situation below.

Someone has provided a number of emails in relation to an order. All emails have same time, date, subject, but each of the emails has different content - some bits added, some bits removed.

The emails have been supplied as ‘forwards’ as in when you forward an email, the contents becomes editable.

Im assuming this is illegal. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Tags: None

Forwards will have the time and date of forwarding IIRC.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Heres an example of what I mean.

I send Dave an email. When Dave gets the email, he presses forward, at which point the email I sent him becomes editable. Dave edits the email I sent, then sends it back to himself, prints it out and job done.

Thats the sort of thing I mean.

Thanks

Comment

hi

it depends on the email systems used. An intrnal one ( MS ) could allow this to be checked, online ones make it hard.

Timestamps/handshakes and files sizes are were yo start. If a person has edited the contence before forwarding it, the file size will be different.

Some email systems have other protections built in to identify this.

Update ---- can you check the headers fro each email,
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I would say people can easily send the email to one person to another person as well. Sometimes it happens that fraud Emails also come and people need to remove them with the reviews.io options where some edubirdie topics about the emails are available and it will help you to unread the fake emails easily.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X