• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Heads Up New Scam !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up New Scam !!!

I received this in my mail box this morning:

Good Afternoon,
    It may seem awkward, it is for me. I am currently working on a scavenger hunt with some friends of mine. I decided to e-mail some people to see if they could help me with something on the list.

2008 Scavenger Hunt :

1. A list of safety tips from the Stockton Fire Department.
    2. 2 Red Paperclips
    3. A rock shaped like an animal.
    4. A picture of the state flag.
    5. Something in writing that shows how many people live in Stockton.
    6. A picture of a swan.
    7. A picture of you and at least 10 pigeons.
    8. A dollar from a complete stranger. ( Take a picture of you and the person. )
    9. A dollar from a complete stranger from the internet. ( Print out proof you got a dollar )
    10. A disposable cup with a business logo on it signed by an employee.
    11. A picture of someone getting pulled over.
    12. A picture of you getting a hug from a complete stranger.
    13. A picture of you dancing with at least 20 people around you.
    14. A program or flyer from a local event.
    15. A one cent stamp.
    16. A pizza coupon
    17. A picture of someone walking there dog.
    18. A 1980 coin (any demonination)
    19. 2 paper napkins ( Each with different store logos on them )
    20. A picture of someone with more than 4 kids ( Kids included in the picture )

I currently have most of them, I need to get a picture of someone being pulled over, that will not be to hard, I need to head to the mall in the morning, that is where I plan on getting most of the ones I need still. The only one that I am worried I wont be able to get is number 9. So hopefully you can help me out with that. You can email me back and I will explain why we are doing this and what not. Well, I look forward to your help. Feel free to use the link below if you want to assist me!

Thanks!

p.s. no I didnt send this to 40,000,000 people, I was instructed we could only message a maximum of 10 people. So, putting my egg in this basket!

>Legit Paypal Link<
    Came from some one I don't know with a different reply to address.

Now it all sounds good, but reread it and tell me why I think this is a scam ??

Re: Heads Up New Scam !!!

Could it be that they think you are Gullible ?
    Live in the U.S. ?
    Have 4 Kids ?
    Give out a dollar to anyone ?

Go on I give up ...........

Comment

Think about it after you have had some more coffee
      You know how my mind works (ish).

Comment

Go on tell me before I lose the will to live and give you a slap and by the way I very rarely drink coffee unless its got a large brandy in it and cream on top.

Comment

Here are the tell tales on this one:

The only one that I am worried I wont be able to get is number 9
          and
          p.s. no I didnt send this to 40,000,000 people, I was instructed we could only message a maximum of 10 people.
          As well as the different reply address.

Also the Paypal link goes to a check out page for $1.

Now scammers ALWAYS say "This isn't a scam"

OK so $1 is jack, but with the number of people this would of been sent to that's a tidy profit for ZERO work !!!

Comment

Why have you even read it?

Delete it, it's pitiful.

Comment

Lol, yep you got that right Cet, but I like to stay up with the scams doing the rounds.

Now I wonder if I set this up with my membership Db, what kind of response I would get

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X