• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EBAY SCAM..........please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY SCAM..........please read

Well the scum have come out again for their pre christmas cons.

Watch ebay at the moment everyone. Some t$t on there is selling a link for £50 and you think your getting a DS or t.v. or other such thing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270295536109

I hope this link doesnt work as I have reported the twit as have many other people. He is boosting his own feed back.

For those who are wondering, no I didnt bid. Once bitten ect.

Re: EBAY SCAM..........please read

Thanks for the thanks Tanz and Flower. I just want to bump this one again. The seller (this one anyway) is still on Ebay. Cant believe he hasnt been booted off.

Word of warning, he is the first of many. As Christmas approaches, more and more like him will appear.

Comment

I am sorry Sam but can you explain what this means to a complete dumbo lol?
      Thanks Enaid x (the complete dumbo)

Comment

Hi Enaid. Of course I can hun.

It is a scam. You are lead to believe your buying (the item I looked at) A DS. But what you get is either a link to a web site where you supposedly can buy them cheap OR (as in this case it would seem) An E-book.

This happens alot on Ebay. A couple of years ago it was a like to buy A ps3 cheap and people had bid hundreds thinking they where getting a new (at the time) PS3

Please just be aware these scum are out there. I dont wish to see any one get scammed like this.

Comment

I think he's selling a link to a police sale website which may or may not sell the said items as opposed to any goods.

Yeyyy I was kind of right. It is disgusting people get away with that, and of course its worded very dubiously so you might think you have no come back.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Jeeez so if you bid on an item and it takes you to a link BEWARE! is that right or is it too late?

Comment

To late then Enaid. You have parted with your cash.

I NEARLY bid on the PS3 thing, thats why I am very carefull now. That one had hidden in the very long text about the PS3 the point it was a link you where buying.

A good rule to follow here is, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

Ame, I agree it makes me sick to think these people get away with it.

Comment

Im pleased to say that this one person has been kicked off Ebay. Please keep the scams in mind though as when one goes another 6 appear.

Comment

As a member of the police auction site it's my understanding that to buy anything you have to be pre registered................. plus your bank account and identity verified before you can use it

So passing people onto another secure site may amount to fraud. Anyway the police won't be overjoyed to find their facility is being abused by a con man
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  PS the listing has been removed................ bet he reinstates it
                  Last edited by righty; 3rd November 2008, 12:51:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

He has been banned BUT he can register again. People can sell links but most who do, do so at a cost of 99p not £50. The fact he charged £10 p and p also makes it look like your getting the real thing for your money.

Comment

Like this one:
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHOLESALE-JOB-...em110307540640
                      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

I think thats one of the more up[front ones Mocha.
                        At least they state, and highlight, in the first line that you are only getting a list of websites.

If anyone does want the REAL site of the REAL auctioneers that does the majority of Police auctions I will dig it out and post it up

Comment

Pkea, I would like it. I found bumblebee today, and swoop. didnt like the look of that one.

Mochamoo, Like PKea said, that one isnt a scam. For one your paying 3 quid, not 50 like the other guy was. Its clear and easy for any one to see whats for sale. Its the ones who hide the fact its a link or ebook and charge you lots of money for it.

Comment

I know of an even worse scam which used to be prevalent a year or two ago.

The trick was to word the listing ambiguously, so that the punter supposed they were bidding on some expensive item rather than what they were going to buy - just an empty box or, in some cases, just a photograph of an empty box!

Comment

Ah! That's how CC made his millions. I did wonder.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X