• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help After Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help After Claim

Hello,
    I had a claim against my company that I work for, it was a personal injury claim, after I won the claim I got pulled in a welfare meeting where they had been given all the reports and other items. In my statement I had said that I was still able to do my job due to the new systems of work that was introduced since my accident, it was stated that I had reduced grip strength which I said and was medically, I also mentioned things that I couldn’t do outside of work such as using extremely sharp knives ( I am Risk aware to such things now)
    I was pulled into a meeting out of the blue about 6 months after the claim was settled, they had conducted a desktop risk assessment on the things I had stated I had problems with outside of work, they removed me from my skilled role to an unskilled role but kept me on the same pay. They said they needed an occupational health report to see if I could do my job.
    I’ve had the report and the doctor has stated he feels I would be able to carry out my skilled role.
    when I handed the report to the woman at HR she was shirty, say you know why this has come about because of your claim. You’ve said your grip strength is weak /weakened which the report says that but it is satisfactory to carry my role out and that my right is less than my left even tho I am right handed.

I have a new meeting this week
    Can they use the things I’ve said I struggle with outside of work against me as it has no implications on me doing my role as the doctor has stated.
    In the new meeting I do not want to discuss the claim as this was full and final I only want to discuss the report which says I can do my role with risk assessments to see if I need any adjustments. I feel I am being punished for the claim.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X