• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter for legal fees for personal injury claim I never started.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter for legal fees for personal injury claim I never started.

Hi I hope someone can help

I have received a notice of intent to start court proceedings from accident injury solicitors. for legal fees for a claim I started but didn’t complete.. but I have never started a claim with them.

the accident stated was for October 2018 .I was 15 years old.
    I have never been in an accident. .I have never heard of this company but I have researched and they are a legitimate firm.
    I have never had any contact or communication with this company. No other letters, emails phones calls nothing. They have attached a claim form but there is no claim number, signatures, court details etc on it. It’s states I must lay in 10 days but there is no amount on there just bank details and contact numbers and email addresses. ( I have emailed them for more information and I will ring them) but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this at all? I’m a bit stressed about it as I’ve never received anything like this. I’m in the Royal Navy and I have no debt at all.
    Tags: None

The best way to deal with it is to make a formal complaint to them (on the basis of the facts you've outlined) and if they don't uphold the complaint within 8 weeks you can take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. Until the formal complaints process has run its course they would be obliged to cease pursuing you for the (so-called) fees.

It would be helpful to see the notice of intent, the mocked-up court claim and who the company is. You can either redact your personal info and post it up here or email it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and I'll give you my thoughts.

Comment

Ok thank you. I can send you a picture of the letter

Comment

Got it, thanks.

They've not even specified how much they're asking for! This shouldn't be too difficult to deal with by a suitably drafted complaint.

If you can answer the following I can knock a complaint up for you.

1. Were there any other documents they sent you with this lot?

2. Are you sure you've had no previous contact with them or any other accident (or PPI) claims company?

Comment

This might be a case to make a Subject Access Request - particularly for the "know your client" documents provided when this firm opened its file.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Indeed, we’ll see how they respond.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X