• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finding an At Fault Driver's Insurance Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding an At Fault Driver's Insurance Information

There's a huge problem I see in personal injury auto accident cases:

When there is an accident and the at fault driver is different than the at fault owner of the car, the police only list a very limited amount of information about the at fault driver, (D.O.B., address, phone number, DL#) but they do not provide the person's insurance information.

I believe the only method available to lookup a person's insurance information is directly through the DMV Insurance Request, but they will only provide the vehicle owner's information and not the at fault driver's!

The at fault driver's insurance is mandated to provide coverage for this type of accident, but yet there is no way to access this information, other than doing an underground type of investigation on the person to try and find it.

Does anyone know the statutes governing this or have a solution to this huge problem?
    Tags: None

From your post I think you are in USA, but this site is UK based so unlikely to be much assistance to you
    (Department of Motor Vehicles is USA equivalent of our Driver and Vehicle licensing Agency)

Good luck anyway

Comment

I actually work for a legal research firm that offers a service we call Policy Existence, and we take the extra time to not only trace the policy LIMITS, but the policy itself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X