• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Toddler personal injury claim - leg broken at nursery, CCTV footage available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler personal injury claim - leg broken at nursery, CCTV footage available

Hello, my 2 year old son had his upper leg broken (femur bone shattered in two, fully detached pieces of bone) while playing in the nursery garden.
    The report says another kid bumped into him, and one (or both - it is not clear precisely who) was riding a tricycle at the time of the incident.
    The garden is supposed to be supervised by 2 carers at all times - at least there's a sign to that effect on the wall.
    the nursery personnel did not make any attempt to call an ambulance, they just rang us to collect him and maybe have a doctor check him out.

They say they have reviewed CCTV footage of the incident, and I've asked them to keep it as evidence.

The doctors at the hospital were shocked by the seriousness of the injury and commented that there should be an investigation.

What is my best course of action in this case? Can I hire a solicitor to pursue a Personal Injury claim on behalf of my son? What is the best place to research potential solicitors to contact? Ideally I'd like to find some information about a given firm, testimonials or any other info before making a decision. So far I've been able to find the law society listing (https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk), but that provides no information on individual solicitors, just contact details, so I'm not sure how to chose who to contact.

Any advice highly appreciated.
    Tags: None

I'm so sorry to hear of this dreadful accident. My own 6 yr old sustained a nasty compound upper arm fracture at school last year so I can empathise with the questions you quite rightly want answered.
    You can talk to a PI solicitors firm about this incident. We cannot recommend any particular firm for Personal Injury but there are plenty available to google and compare. Maybe speak to a few before making a decision.
    Just to manage your expectations, a PI claim can consider elements such as poor risk management, supervision etc, but because of the child's young age would be very unlikely to amount to much financially, unless the injury causes long term impact.
    If you are keen to ensure no repeat of such an incident, you should be speaking to the local education authority and OFSTED. Better CCTV and supervision procedures could result from this.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Sorry this has happened to your son, hope he makes a full recovery.

It's up to you to use or not, to narrow down your search, JustBeagle on the right hand side of your screen, make sure you get multiple quotes.

Comment

Ordinarily I would direct a user towards JustBeagle but it doesn’t carry much data on PI firms, as price is rarely a factor, because of ‘No Win No Fee’ type funding. Trustpilot would be useful for checking customer service ratings.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X