• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hospital Discharge Too Early

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Discharge Too Early

Hello

My 89 year old mother was involved in a car accident on Sunday 16th January (I have also started a separate thread regarding personal injury cover).

She is currently in hospital with a fractured sternum and herniated bowel. For a few days, she was unable to keep food down and was being sick. This seems to have resolved itself, but the hospital had informed us that they are continuing with tests to ensure that everything is in order. Today my mother was informed that she can come home.

Neither my sister or myself are satisfied with this as she has also sustained leg injuries and is currently receiving physio in hospital too. The hospital has also told us that mum would need a care package putting in place. We feel that this needs to be clearly defined before she comes home.Nothing has been arranged as yet.

We feel that the hospital obviously needs the bed, but we are not satisfied that arrangements are in place for her discharge, particularly in terms of ongoing management and care and mum's mobility situation. My sister and I both work and we are concerned about mum being at home alone.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. We have already told the hospital that we are not comfortable with her coming home just yet, and want to know where we stand legally with this.

Best, Chris
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X