• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My Orthopedic trauma surgeon vanished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Orthopedic trauma surgeon vanished

I had to go to a emergency room due to getting hit by a car. While waiting for surgery I asked my surgeon if what they were doing was permanent and he told me no. For months I had to be in a rehabilitation center close to the hospital and saw him a few more times at a clinic inside the hospital and he kept telling me he would remove the hardware that was put in. I have witnesses that he told me that.

My last visit with him he said the same and I started walking on my own and soon after I left the rehab center. I wasn't a local to the area and had a big problem getting my stuff from the hospital, they refused to give me anything I came with back so I left with no clothes or money and had to arrange for my "escape" and didn't go see him or schedule a new date. A few months later I tried to contact him and his office said he was gone and gave me new locations where he supposedly was at. I eventually was told he was not that far away, so I tried to get an appointment to see him but after flying to his new office I didn't even see him. Some receptionist there told me that he never comes into their office. So I spent 600 dollars easily, and missed a flight which bumps it well over 1k to go there and find out he doesnt even show up? Insane. The "helpful" physicians assistant or whatever pulled up some notes that supposedly prove that he didn't actually tell me it was temporary. I have surgical notes, recommendations from the surgeon (including that he was going to remove my hardware).

Every time I try and reach him through his office thats listed on his license I get the same thing. No one is sure where he is. This last time I called some woman told me he definitely doesn't work there anymore. They also refuse to tell me what type of device they installed. I can't get any information on what they put in. I tried to go the official direction through this medical records keeping company connected to the hospital, 3 times, and they just completely ignore me and refuse to send me anything. The hospital itself refuses to aknowledge that I was ever a patient there. I spoke to billing and they also promised to send me an invoice but nothing ever showed up, so I called back and they promised again to send something with an address check and still they did nothing.
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear of your predicament, but this is a UK site and I doubt anyone here will be able to assist.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X