• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - Advice needed on Voluntary Termination of HP Agreement with FGA Capital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Advice needed on Voluntary Termination of HP Agreement with FGA Capital

Hi

I'm hoping for some advice on this matter.

I've used the template on a previous thread to send the letter to FGA capital asking to VT my agreement with them. I am trying to VT an agreement on Fiat 500 Hatchback 1.2 Lounge 3DR. (We're having a second baby and the car simply is impossible with one child let alone 2!)

We have paid 50% of the agreement, had all chips and scratches to the car repaired ready for it to be inspected to avoid excess charges for unreasonable damage.

However before reading up on this forum I took the advice of our fiat dealer we bought the car from who said I simply needed to call FGA and ask to VT, which I did. FGA Capital have sent forms to me asking me to sign them and return them with the V5 registration document - should I do this???

My concern is upon speaking to them today to say I didn't need to sign there forms is the excess milage charge was brought up! I was unaware that Fiat when setting up the agreement set this at 5,000miles per year. I thought it was 12,000miles. Meaning we have done 27,962 miles over the agreement and at 6p er mile charge we would be required to pay £1677.72! (I'm unsure if this is +VAT or not so potentially more!)

When we took the agreement out the sale person was very open about the fact at the half way point of the agreement we could simply return the car with no more to pay?

But reading through these threads I hope we wouldn't have to pay this charge - as I said earlier we are about to have a second child and could do without paying out nearly £2,000 to get out of an agreement.

SO essentially my questions are:

1). Do I need to sign there forms and return the V5 document. (My VT letter taken from the Legal Beagles site was signed fro by FGA on the 2nd of December)
    2). Do we have to pay the excess milage charge?

Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X