• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car repossession Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car repossession Scotland

Hello I am looking for advice relating to car repossession in Scotland. I took out a condition sale agreement with Moneybarn last year. In February and due to being misdiagnosed by the hospital I had to have emergancy surgery and while I was off work the company ceased trading and I fell behind with my payments. I contacted Moneybarn regarding my payments and was informed that I had no choice but to pay all arrears and charges inc £300 for a repossession company that had not yet been involved as far as I was aware or instructed to do anything. I was told this charge was because Moneybarn had sent to them a copy of my details. As requested by Moneybarn I sent copies of my medical notes, a letter from my previous employer and my new employment details showing I was in a good position to meet future payments and pay my arrears. However they choose to terminate my agreement at this point and have now instructed a company to collect the car. I did not receive a notice of termination, I only discovered this after a letter from the repo company to contact them. Two days after the contract was terminated the monthly payment was taken from my bank account without any issues. After speaking to a manager I was able to make a further payment but since then they have been unwilling to accept any payment I have offered and informed me this would not make any difference unless it was the full amount whilst adding more charges onto the amount I owe. The arrears were only half the amount they want, the rest is charges. I am now being faced with the car being repossessed this week and dont feel I was given a fair chance to set things right. I will still be left with the debt and facing unemployment due to not having the car to get to work (condition of my employment). I paid a deposit towards my car and I think the reason they are not accepting any more payments might be because I will then be over one third paid. Can anyone advise me of anything I can do? Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Car repossession Scotland

Can anyone give me any advice on this please?

Comment

Re: Car repossession Scotland

Just apply for auto loan with bad credit. I was facing same problem. My FICO score was poor. I wanted to save my car from being getting repossessed car. I contacted many car financing & credit companies but not many gave me true answer. With AutoLoanBadCreditPlus.com getting auto loans with bad credit is really easy. They provided me best auto loan deal with no hassle. Their free estimate service is worth taking. It gave me brief idea about how much monthly installment i need to pay. I would suggest you to take free estimate atleast.

Apply for auto loan with bad credit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X