• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The EU gender directive affecting vehicle insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EU gender directive affecting vehicle insurance

Last year the European Court of Justice ruled that the practice of setting insurance prices according to gender is illegal discrimination "GOOD SHOUT I HERE YOU SAY" however it means that insurance companies will as of December 2012 be putting up the cost of insurance for young female drivers and lowering the cost for young males.

Here is a link to confused.com where they try to explain http://www.confused.com/car-insuranc...ontent=October
    Thing is! after looking at their tables (especially the 17 to 25 year olds) it just doesn't add up, here's my problem
    They say at the moment young women pay less for their insurance because they are less likely to have an accident 'I would agree with this, I've seen my fair share of young male clowns racing up and down our street and quite a few of them having a run in with the law'
    If women pay less than men then why does it show on their tables that the current cost for women in the 17 to 25 range is £2'974 raising to £3'687, but mens current cost is £2'119 dropping to £1'928.
    Now if that isn't gender discrimination then I don't know what is and the ECJ has only made the price gap even larger, now has confused buggered up their tables and just got themselves confused over this or are they right??

I need my bed now, I'm confused dot com!!!!!!!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X