• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Yes you will only be liable for up to the 50% mark, http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ry-Termination

There is a letter to send on there
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Thanks Rob I will let you know how I get on

Comment

I know I'm going to sound a bit thick here so I will apologise the template letter states I have paid 50% off do I need to change the wording in this case

Cheers Paul

Comment

Yes you can amend it to say something like, it is my understanding that I have not yet paid half of the total amount payable nevertheless I am entitled to terminate the agreement. Therefore please could you send me by return, the remaining difference between what I have paid and half of the total amount payable.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks I will see what I get back

Comment

Well I have sent the email off and got no reply payment is due tomorrow so I guess they will wait till they have the next months payment

Comment

Rob I need abit more advice sorry I've sent 2 emails and not even received a reply what should I do ?

Comment

What exactly is it you want to do? have you received any acknowledgment of your emails being received? If so you could send a further email and state as they have failed to reply but acknowledged receipt, you are making clear that the agreement is now terminated and so you have cancelled your direct debit as no further payments are required and to arrange collection of the vehicle.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

My email doesn't let me know if the other recipient has got just tells me it's been sent I have sent the email stating I want to vt but ask for the remainder of what I owe up to 50% but received nothing back and there normally quite quick to respond to any emails

Comment

Hi Rob,

Sorry to be a pain, I have no doubt you will have answered this question about 100 times by now. I've read through the posts, my only concern is with the condition. My car has a full approved service history with zero issues. Aesthetically it's spot on. When the last service was due, I asked if they could run a diagnostic as my radio had stopped working. As luck would have it, it's been an electrical fault that requires a very very expensive repair. The technician explained that this couldn't possibly have been caused by me nor could it have been prevented by me. My main concern is that if I now VT my agreement, can I be held liable for this repair as its not been my negligence that this fault occurred?

Sorry if I'm asking a repetitive question, I just want to make sure before I jump in head first.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Big Ton,

Its unlikely that the agent will check the inside of the vehicle, although I think it would be difficult to say that a non-working radio puts the vehicle in an unreasonable condition. It's all subjective and if the exterior is in reasonable condition I wouldn't worry too much, and if they do claim it then provided that it wasn't recorded on the damage sheet (which is unlikely) then I suppose you can play dumb as it wasn't recorded on the sheet they cannot claim for it.

If you want to be certain you could ask for a copy of the damage report but don't sign it. They are usually more concerned about the look of the vehicle than the electricals, provided that it is not something major which affects the vehicle and its roadworthiness.
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks very much, I wasn't sure if I'd have to declare it. Appreciate the advice.

Comment

Never give the lender any excuse to charge you for something, yor under no obligation to declare and it is up to them to ensure the vehicle is in a reasonable condition. Again the non working of a radio does not make the vehicle unreasonable condition.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi Rob some good news not long after my post I have received an email from the finance company stating they have received my email and forwarded it on to the correct department however I still haven't heard a peep from them they took there monthly payment on Friday but haven't sent the new code so the car will be immobile within a couple of days where do I stand if they don't reply do I declare car off the road and send the logbook off to the dvla in there name ?

Comment

Cancel your direct debit now as they should not need to take any further payments from that.

What do you mean immobile and new code?
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X