• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

£400 seems to be an unreasonable amount to charge for replacement of a service book and doubt they could charge that much - as you only have to pay 50% of the total amount payable and if you have paid more than this, then you could argue that as you've paid more than 50% the additional sums received will cover any costs of replacing the service book and other any other damage to car etc.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Thanks very much Rob, much appreciated mate

Comment

I am trying to find out what my liabilities are for excess mileage if my car was returned prior to end of agreement.

Comment

hi

is it possible to put forward a VT to a lander for the purpose of getting a sum lawfully due for consideration

Comment

You can request at any time for a settlement figure from the creditor under section 99 CCA 1974

Comment

Hi guys,

I have been reading through this thread and it is really helpful as i am looking to hand back a car that i don't now need. I need to pay £21685.12 before i can hand the car back in. I have paid £15000 something already to audi finance, but that is not including the advance payment of £5547.87 (part deposit from myself and part centre contribution). My question is, can i add that onto the total amount paid? If so, i've already (or very nearly) hit the required amount.
              On the total amount payable which is £43370.23 they have included the advanced payment, so the £21685.12 is half of that. Can i hand it back now? I'm thinking yes, but i don't want to call up until i'm sure, as i doubt they will be very helpful

Thanks in advance

Comment

Your deposit would normally be deducted from the total amount payable i believe so it would be worked something like this:

Cash Price of Car = £25,000
                Less deposit = £5,000
                Admin = £500
                Interest = £3,500
                Total amount payable = £24,000
                half of total amount = £12,000

to be absolutely certain, check your agreement. You will usually see a box on the front which stipulates half the amount (your pre-contract information sheet) payable to terminate. Or you might find it in the terms and conditions under termination section.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Yes the amount is there in black or white, it is £21685.12. If i can add in the advanced payment of £5547.87 then i am pretty much there as i have paid another 15000 something in payments The only thing is that deposit was partly a contribution by audi themselves, and £1000from me, does that matter? The deposit is the deposit surely?

Comment

The amout to terminate will normally be written on the agreement under termination rights

That is 50% on the total liability of the agreement

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
                      The amout to terminate will normally be written on the agreement under termination rights

That is 50% on the total liability of the agreement
                      Well i believe i have paid 50% then. But when i called up and asked for a settlement figure today i asked how much i had paid so far and was told £15000 something (can't remember the exact figure). I then asked does that include the deposit and was told no. The girl on the phone seemed a bit vague when i was asking her for a total amount i had paid, would they be trained to answer in this way? I didn't mention anything about a VT?

Comment

The deposit would have been taken from the total price as I described in my previous post and the £23,000 or however much it was is stated on your agreement then thats what you must have paid.

If you paid a deposit they may have deducted the deposit from the price of the car before providing the finance. Again you should be given information as to how the total amount has been calculated on your agreement which will usually show the total amount of credit, interest etc.

To find out how much you've paid just work out when your first payment was and x that by the number of months you have paid since then, that will give you a close enough estimate of whether or not you have hit the 50% mark.
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

It includes the deposit, on the total amount payable section on the agreement (total payable including deposit £43370.23). The 50% total before i can terminate states £21685.12.... I have worked out i am £160 short of this. So i guess i just send one of the template letters?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Sure you can end a template letter, if your calculations are correct then you will be asked to pay £160 which will make up that amount. Before you do it might be worth giving them another call and asking again how much you have paid in total, or specifically how many months you have paid., if it doesn't add up then maybe query it and see what their response is. The amount of credit is obviously a large amount so you might want to be sure that you are correct before firing off a letter to terminate.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                              Sure you can end a template letter, if your calculations are correct then you will be asked to pay £160 which will make up that amount. Before you do it might be worth giving them another call and asking again how much you have paid in total, or specifically how many months you have paid., if it doesn't add up then maybe query it and see what their response is. The amount of credit is obviously a large amount so you might want to be sure that you are correct before firing off a letter to terminate.
                              I have just come off of the phone to audi finance, and the total i have paid is £20988.35 (including deposit) so i have £696.77 to hit the 50% mark. How long does the VT process normally take from when i send the letter to them? I know i would be giving them 14 days notice?

Also, anyone who has done this, have you had trouble then getting another car? I'm leasing my next one.

Thanks again for all of your help guys

Comment

You would normally give reasonable notice to VT your agreement which is usually 14 days. Send your VT letter to the correct address as required in your agreement and I would always send it at least recorded delivery to confirm it has been received - I received my VT letter within 2 weeks of sending mine, getting your credit report updated to show settled may be a different story as I am having issues with my finance co.

As for another car, no troubles I have done this before but you may have issues getting finance with the same co you VT'd with, or they may just increase interest rates.
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X