• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Yeah bought car through stoneacre. Still waiting to hear from vehicle inspectors. shall I wrote to finance co reminding them of the 19th date?

Comment

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

I've contacted Andy58, so if he's around, I'm sure he'll look in. I think I made my thoughts about the termination date clear in post 197, but would appreciate a second opinion on this. Andy is, IMO, the right person to give that opinion. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by mrefc View Post
        They also state a 20% discount if I pay the repair costs on the day? Surely I would want proof that the repairs if any were done?

this bit goes against what I've read on here.

you will be asked to sign the report at point of inspection giving your agreement to the inspection comments before proceeding

ive read that if not happy dont sign and it won't effect the vt
        HI

You will probably dealing with the finance company, unless they and the dealer are one of the same.

You do not need to sign or agree to anything, your rights to terminate are unconditional. This is probably why they are offering you a " discount" for settling the bill for any work before they take the car back. You need to tell them that the agreement will be terminating one month after your last payment, you need documentary evidence of your notification of the correspondence and the dates.

Your documents will remain in your possession until the car goes to its new keeper, you can ring them and let them know that you have made your last contractual payment and that the car is awaiting collection or return, they cannot impose conditions on your termination.

If they feel that sums are due under section 100(4) of the act they can pursue them at some point in the future and you can argue the case then.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
          HI

You will probably dealing with the finance company, unless they and the dealer are one of the same.

You do not need to sign or agree to anything, your rights to terminate are unconditional. This is probably why they are offering you a " discount" for settling the bill for any work before they take the car back. You need to tell them that the agreement will be terminating one month after your last payment, you need documentary evidence of your notification of the correspondence and the dates.

Your documents will remain in your possession until the car goes to its new keeper, you can ring them and let them know that you have made your last contractual payment and that the car is awaiting collection or return, they cannot impose conditions on your termination.

If they feel that sums are due under section 100(4) of the act they can pursue them at some point in the future and you can argue the case then.
          thanks andy. like i said i sent letter 4th nov giving them 14 days before contract terminates. had letter yesterday acknowledging the letter i sent and that manheim fleet services would be in touch. they didnt put a time span on it. I am due to pick my new car up on the 19th and dont want to have to have 2 cars taxed and insured at the same time

Comment

Hi everyone.
            Can anyone help me with Lloyds bank please?
            I sent off the template letter at the beginning of this thread and today had a reply off them.
            I've paid well over half the loan but losing my job in about 2 weeks.
            They sent back to me :-
            A letter basically saying that they have received my VT and that I am still liable for the full amount.
            A payment arrangement schedule
            A note to send back the V5
            A list of auction sites to return the car
            A letter/form to sign that I agree to pay £75 to have the car collected,also lower down on the form it asks for condition of tyres/mileage/m.o.t/and address for collection.
            I phoned up lloyds as Bristol was the nearest, and said that the list of auction houses was unreasonable as Bristol was about 80 miles each way.
            First of all he said I must pay £75 if I wouldn't take the car to Bristol,to which I replied that I thought Bristol was too far and I am refusing to pay anything.
            I then said I would take it to Neath/Swansea auction or would take it back to where I bought it(Bridgend).
            He then said he would waiver the £75 if I signed ALL the pack sent to me.
            I forgot to mention that I sent the VT dated 04/11/13 by recorded delivery.
            It was signed for on the 06/11/13
            I received a reply today 14/11/13.
            Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated as this is way out of my depth and comfort zone.
            many thanks

Comment

Possibly a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway - this was Lloyds Car Finance and not a personal loan wasn't it?

Comment

Yes it was a Lloyds hp agreement
                Thanks

Comment

Oops,
                  Black Horse sorry
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BIG VIV View Post
                    Hi everyone.
                    Can anyone help me with Lloyds bank please?
                    I sent off the template letter at the beginning of this thread and today had a reply off them.
                    I've paid well over half the loan but losing my job in about 2 weeks.
                    That's basically it. You've set a date where your contract will terminate. It terminates on that date. It is that simple if you have made the payment set out in your agreement.

They sent back to me :-
                    A letter basically saying that they have received my VT and that I am still liable for the full amount. You are not.
                    A payment arrangement schedule IMO, ignore this as long as all contractual payments have been made.
                    A note to send back the V5 I would have thought this should go to the auction house where you should get the relevant slip / give the relevant slip. You should then notify DVLA immediately.
                    A list of auction sites to return the car
                    A letter/form to sign that I agree to pay £75 to have the car collected,also lower down on the form it asks for condition of tyres/mileage/m.o.t/and address for collection.
                    I phoned up lloyds as Bristol was the nearest, and said that the list of auction houses was unreasonable as Bristol was about 80 miles each way.
                    First of all he said I must pay £75 if I wouldn't take the car to Bristol,to which I replied that I thought Bristol was too far and I am refusing to pay anything.
                    I then said I would take it to Neath/Swansea auction or would take it back to where I bought it(Bridgend).
                    He then said he would waiver the £75 if I signed ALL the pack sent to me. DON'T!!!!!!! That will only set you up for further expense down the line. They have to arrange a reasonable delivery point, or they collect it. If you're feeling kind, you don't charge them storage charges. Re the condition report, a VT allows for fair wear and tear. The odd scratch / stone chip / scuff on a wheel is to be expected. You would, of course, want to see invoices and proof of payment for any repairs they say they have carried out, as in reality it will go straight to the auction house (as per the drop off points).
                    I forgot to mention that I sent the VT dated 04/11/13 by recorded delivery.
                    It was signed for on the 06/11/13
                    I received a reply today 14/11/13.
                    Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated as this is way out of my depth and comfort zone.
                    many thanks
                    Really there is nothing for you to do. Lloyds will tell you anything, and will try to extort the maximum possible amount of money from you. They don't like people doing VT's. Don't fall into their traps and don't take any rubbish. It is your legal right to end the contract and you are exercising that right. It is not for them to try to put special conditions on that right now.

Just to be absolutely sure - this is a standard HP agreement, not a Bill of Sale, or Hire Agreement. If a normal HP agreement as you've suggested, you take it back and walk away. Don't forget the condition photos with that days newspaper in them as proof of the date - get photos inside and out, especially of any damage - scratches, chips, scuffs etc...

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                      I still don't know for sure if I should phone them up and tell them to pick the car up from my house or not??as we ended the phone call at a stalemate with them saying to sign all paperwork or they will charge me collection???
                      I think I will phone them up tomorrow and tell them the car is not my property after the 18th and they need to collect the car irrelevant if I've signed paperwork or not.I will take photos as advised and basically leave it to them.
                      Thanks for the help and i'll update info from them as I receive it
                      Thanks again

Comment

I'd avoid phone calls - emails are quick and fine as they're written so you have a record of what was said.

If you can deliver locally, delivery is best; if not, then they'll have to come and collect. Let them try to charge - there is no agreement in existence to enforce.

Comment

andy/labman

i've had no contact from motonovo or manheim fleet services since my letter on tuesday.

where do i go now? the termination date is tuesday, that clearly isnt going to happen. i dont know how to proceed with this now. phonecall to motonovo or contact manheim directly??

can you advise please

thanks

mike

Comment

The termination will happen irrespective of them collecting their vehicle, unless you intend continuing repayments.

You are just going to have to contact them and make them aware that they are going to be incurring storage charges, also you could contact the TS and let them know about the situation.

VT's are rarely straight forward and there is always an element of wrangling I am afraid, because basically creditors (and dealers) want to make the whole experience as uncomfortable as possible, as I must have said dozens of times you just have to stick to your guns. You will get there in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                              The termination will happen irrespective of them collecting their vehicle, unless you intend continuing repayments.

You are just going to have to contact them and make them aware that they are going to be incurring storage charges, also you could contact the TS and let them know about the situation.

VT's are rarely straight forward and there is always an element of wrangling I am afraid, because basically creditors (and dealers) want to make the whole experience as uncomfortable as possible, as I must have said dozens of times you just have to stick to your guns. You will get there in the end.
                              thanks andy, have to wait until monday now anyway.

one question, who are the TS?

Comment

andy my concern is that if i cant delay my new car, i will have to pay insurance on two vehicles on top of having them taxed. surely even after the 19th the car is my property? as i still have v5. i cant leave it outside my house untaxed or uninsured?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X