• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking on private road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking on private road

Hi

I am looking for some advice. I parked on a private road - apparantly there are signs, i only noticed the double yellow lines so parked, left my daughter in the car and put my disabled badge and clock in the window. Was no more than 5 mins and left. A week later I received a charge notice £70 reduced to £45 if paid within 14 days (although this must be without the need for further correspondence). It doesnt say what I have contraveined , only that I ignored notices and that I can not park there at any time. It caught me on cctv and then my details were bought from the DVLA. It goes on to advise that if you have a blue badge i can appeal and all cases are reviewed but to send the cheque anyway.

I wrote back to say i did have a badge, I enclosed a coipy of it and advised i wasnt happy to pay the fine so i did not enclose the cheque. I was unaware i could park there with a blue badge and that did not see any signs that there was cctv etc. (they say there was which i can check)

They have responded to my letter to advise that my letter was indignant and that i cant park wherever i fancy just because i have a badge and the fine is nw £70, pay soon to prevent further action.

Please can you advise if this is a legal charge and it has to be paid as I know there are some scams and i am very worried
    thanks

Knighty

Re: Parking on private road

What's the name of the firm that has sent you this demand ?

Seems I have my private parking head on, oh well.

Comment

Re: Parking on private road

Normally Penalty Charge Notices from a council offer a discount if paid within a certain amount of days and generally, privately issued Parking Charge Notices only inform you of the amount it will rise by if not paid.

Who is the ticket actually from?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X