• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Say Hello to Simon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Say Hello to Simon

Hi CB

Kick those muchy rears!

Its not before time these cowboy clampers were banned so I'm not surprised they are trying it on big time before the gravy train ends for them.

I hope you get this sorted and compensation besides!

Best

SnV

Comment

Thanks Ben for your work on this, I'll use your text as the basis for my letter.

I will change to wording to say the clamper himself is not fit to hold a licence rather than Shoal. As I understand the law, clampers have to be licenced by the SIA but the company employing them do not, they are only covered by a voluntary code of practice.

Comment

Feel free.
        You're dead right about the clamper rather than the company, but I was more interested in getting the point across about their overall fitness in this business.

Comment

Letters to both Shoal and First Wessex will be in the post recorded delivery in the morning.

Comment

Well been having a chat with my councillor friend and things are getting even better.
            After the recent evening meeting, which First Wessex didn't turn up to, there has been a site meeting.
            Included was Councillor, Police, the site manager and a rep from Shoal.

The Police are not amused especially when they found out about the "on call" status of the clampers, also the underhand tactics they have been using and the use of clamps on public highway.
            They made it very clear to the Shoal rep that this will no longer be tolerated and they will be keeping a closer eye on this site.
            The councillor mentioned the complaints she has received from residents, ie us, and as the housing assoc "employed" the clampers in this then they are liable for any possible action.
            So as the site manager is the housing Assocs rep the responsibility falls to him.
            Surprisingly enough he was taken aback to hear this and rather shocked when he heard about impending legal action.

I predict a swift response from him with a profound apology and promises of moneys returned.

So the funs really hitting the fan now

Comment

A Victory (of sorts).

We have today received a letter from Shoal Enforcement telling us that following its meeting on 4/10/10 the appeals panel have granted our appeal. We have been instructed to telephone Shoal Enforcement to arrange a full refund to our credit card. The panel consisted of 3 people, a Shoal staff representative, a First Wessex representative and a resident representative from First Wessex.

Pleased as we are to get our money back there has been no admission of wrong doing or any apology from either Shoal Enforcement or First Wessex. We are not satisfied with only getting our money back. So what now?

We feel that in clamping the car on the public highway and demanding money for its release Shoal Enforcement have committed a criminal act. By only returning our money Shoal Enforcement are getting away with their unlawful activities. Can we accept the money but then pursue an action against Shoal to have them prosecuted for extortion or whatever the appropriate charge would be? Opinions and guidance would be welcomed. Thanks

Comment

Interesting, but not completely unexpected.

I'd be inclined to give the local police a call on this as well.
                While court action would of produced a "Better" result, their offer to repay kind of removes that cause of action and makes things a little more difficult.

Considering the fact the local council as well as police have shown interest in their activities, I think that's our best course here.

Comment

Dear all I would like to point out that there has been a further letter which you have failed to point out and this has also not been uploaded to this site, I will undertake to do this tomorrow, this letter points out that our appointment was due to this new development being next to school and the total disregard for the resident living there by people parking.

On many developments the road is still private and within this development there are still some private roadway areas there was a misunderstanding between shoal and First Wessex which has now been corrected.

We cover nearly 100 sites for First Wessex Group across Southern England, as director I am happy to personally, discuss any issues members of this forum or the general public have.

Comment

Shoal, Thank you for responding to this thread, but you haven't actually mentioned the fact that the vehicle in question was parked on the Public Highway.
                    While we fully understand that there is a job to be done here and the residents' parking should be protected, this doesn't detract from your agents "Gung Ho" approach.

I have been working closely with the school, residents, local council and parents to ensure that the parking assignments of this area are respected and vehicles are parked in a considerate and lawful manner.

Comment

Shoal strikes again:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome...gth=10#5925544
                      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I guess they are trying to get the last gasps in while they still can.
                        The banning of this activity cannot come soon enough, IMHO.

The real secret to proper traffic control is decent communication, not acting all heavy and bolshi.
                        With that in mind I have been advise the parents at school on considerate and, above all, lawful parking habits.
                        Funilly enough I haven't seen any of my "friends" recently, but would be more than happy to meet with them.

After all you get more wasps with honey than vinegar..

Comment

You cant make it up can you? lol

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/01/1...ece-taxpayers/

sigpic

Comment

Can you say, Arr bless.

Pay taxes you twunt, then you might have a legitimate case. !!!

Comment

Could not believe what I was reading lol truly amazing do they think they are above the law lol sadly I think not much will be done about the tax evasion given that central government ministers are also in cahoot.

Indeed that subject they would rather brush under the carpet the less said the better but if the HMRC really did do something about this including all those football players this countries debt could be repaid in half the time at least.

We can only wish though.

sigpic

Comment

Late entry. Interesting to see that in Portsmouth the clamping cowboys have been "charging" release fee of £215. That's the figure they recently screwed out a woman driver in Petersfield, who had been out of her car for fewer than five minutes before Shoal Enforcement's watchful (but not visible) clamp-enforcer jumped it.

Yet even their own notice at the place concerned announces a so-called fee of only--OK, "only", LOL--of £150. Where did the extra £65 come from? Even by the sharks' own standards this seems to me procuring money by extortion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X