• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongfully Accused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongfully Accused

I was stopped by the police in November last year because the thought I was using my mobile whilst driving, but I wasn't. Tpolice at the time just kept saying they saw me with my hand up to my ear and wouldn't confirm they had definitely seen a phone. I showed them my call records, but they refused to accept this as proof as they said I could have deleted the call (in the 30 seconds it took them to pull me over....)
    I appelaed of course and they are now taking me to court. Most amazing is that the statements from the 2 police officers now say they did see a phone!

I have got my phone bill showing no outgoing calls and have just received a print out from the phone company showing no incoming calls as well. To me this logically seems enough that the case should just be a walk in the park.

Does anyone have any experience of this and is there anything else I should be wary of?

Also, is it usual for a defendent to ask for compensation if found not guilty, at the very least to cover the costs in getting my defense together, if not time missed from work, loss of earnings etc?

Re: Wrongfully Accused

How did you get on My husband was wrongly accused in September whole heap of discrepancies in officers statements wrong colour car conflicting statements Can't get hold of phone records Looking at getting a solicitor to sort this all out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X