• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Final right to reject

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final right to reject

I purchased a used car from a franchised dealer under their "approved" scheme. Few cosmetic issues with the car were agreed to be put right before collection, but were not - dealer advised they would call me back to organise having them rectified.
    Person I was dealing with left the dealership and I ended up having to escalate the points to a manager who agreed to rectify them, but I have also since realised the car has had previous accident damage that wasn't repaired to a great standard - they agreed to also look to see if they could improve on the previous poor paint repair - as this took time I was now just outside of the 30 days right to reject when they collected the car for repair. They have had the car back for 9 days and just returned it to me, but one of the original points they claim to have addressed (damaged trim) has not been fixed and its clearly the same damaged trim still fitted (this was agreed to be replaced as part of the original purchase)

Having now given them 1 opportunity to fix the issues and them not achieving this would this be sufficient reason to reject the car, as I'm not clear if cosmetic reasons are sufficient or it needs to be something that stops me using the car?
    Its on finance with the manufacturers finance company but I'm not clear if not fixing a cosmetic issue is sufficient reason to use the final right to reject?
    Last edited by plane_boy; Today, 19:58:PM. Reason: typos
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X