• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car repossession 🥲

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car repossession 🥲

Any help or advice at all is welcome. I have a hire purchase finance agreement with Oodle, unfortunately fell behind with payment 5 missed in total, also moved address so stupidly buried my head in the sand. Yesterday I got home from work to a call card from grosvenor, rang them this morning they informed me they were repossessing the car for Oodle. I then called oodle who said they had terminated my contract and required full payment of £3600 or the car was to be repossessed. I have paid 72% of the car off to date and I’m really just looking to see if there’s anyway around this? Grosvenor want me to agree a time for them to come take the car, I have emailed Oodles arrears department to try and plead my case and waiting for a reply still. I don’t really want to have a face off with grosvenor at my door so I feel like I’d just hand the car over to them but I’d rather keep it and get my payments set back up. I’m in Scotland if that makes any difference. Thank you
    Tags: None

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 applies in Scotland and under this act consumers are afforded rights and remedies in a regulated hire purchase agreement
    Under "SHORTCUTS" on the righthand side of this page, there is a heading "A guide to voluntary termination. Your rights"
    The first question under "Frequently Asked Questions" covers the case where the hirer defaults on payments and the lender terminates the contract demanding repayment of the outstanding balance in full. Please read the answer - it is too long to repeat here
    I hope the answer provided helps you to draft a complaint letter to the finance company
    If you are not satisfied with their response you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X