• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car purchased from dealership, deemed not roadworthy at MOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car purchased from dealership, deemed not roadworthy at MOT

Good afternoon all,

I was just hoping for a few pointers if possible. I bought a car 9 months ago (very high end) and recently went for my pre MOT checks and it turns out the car isn't road worthy due to the emissions the sports exhaust is putting out. The dealer knew about this (they build high end cars and they made the exhaust themselves) and still sold me the car. The car is on finance and I've been through the correct processes/channels (currently waiting for things to move along but it takes a while). I just wanted to hear some thoughts on where I might stand with this as it's quite stressful? Will I be able to reject the car? I don't really want to put a standard exhaust back on as that's not what I wanted to purchase and therefore the car wouldn't be as originally described (I never would have gone for it). Plus the car would need retuning to less power which again, isn't what was originally advertised.

Many thanks
    Last edited by RavingHippo; 12th August 2024, 15:06:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi Raving

Welcome to LB

How did you pay the deposit? How much was it?

You have evidence i.e. the MOT etc, (not as described) so you should be able to reject the car through the finance company / dealership.

Comment

Hi ECHAT11,

Thanks for replying. I paid deposit on credit card then some via bank transfer then the rest HP. Value: over £100,000.

I had to change the exhaust for the MOT just to get it through but have since got a local MOT station to give me an emissions printout and cover letter confirming the car isnt roadworthy.

Finance company declined my complaint, now with ombudsman. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that it should hopefully go in my favour and they rule a rejection is most appropriate. You think it should go my way?

Regards

Comment

You've got evidence, so should go your way. Ombudsman are known to be 'fickle'.
        Wait and see, update thread when you get a response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X