• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leased car for 2 years, become disabled. Excess mileage question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leased car for 2 years, become disabled. Excess mileage question

Hi all,

New here so not sure if this is the right way to ask.

I took a lease deal out on a car back in Dec 2022 at which time I was fit healthy and business was good.

because I also drive a van I took a relatively low mileage out on the vehicle. ( 10k).

In August 2023 i suffered a work injury and problems with my pelvic floor and pelvic nerves meaning I was working a lot less and unable to use the van as much.

It got to the point where I had to use the car for every journey and this included trips to the hospital, physio and continuous visits to hospitals in London.

I soon realised I was not going to be able to afford the excess mileage when my term was up.

This will be December 24.

I spoke to them and explained the situation and that I could afford the repayments, but not the mileage. They looked at options to extend but it was rejected.

They then looked at ways to increase the monthly payments tor educe the excess mileage, but this was going to be too much per month.

At present it is looking like the excess mileage charge is going to be well into the 2 or 3 thousands.

Is there a way I could offer to pay it back at something like £50 a month?

What is the situation here for me?

Thanks

Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to LB
    If you are suffering mobility problems and have difficulty walking 50 metres, you may be entitled to the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
    PIP varies from about £28 to £75 per week. It is not means tested and is tax free
    Apart from obtaining that payment which may cover the increased monthly lease cost, I can't think of any other advice. You should save want you can towards the future excess bill

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
      Hi
      Welcome to LB
      If you are suffering mobility problems and have difficulty walking 50 metres, you may be entitled to the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
      PIP varies from about £28 to £75 per week. It is not means tested and is tax free
      Apart from obtaining that payment which may cover the increased monthly lease cost, I can't think of any other advice. You should save want you can towards the future excess bill
      Thank you.

Yes have received PIP, which helps cover some costs, but most of my treatment is private unfortunately.

Is it likely they would accept something like paying £50 a month until it is paid off at the end of contract?

I guess I need to discuss with them again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X