• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn complaint for faulty car mishandled being rejectef by FOS. Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn complaint for faulty car mishandled being rejectef by FOS. Advice please

Good evening,

mot sure if anyone can give me any advice on the situation I’ve been in with a car I bought in June last year. Quick summary - I bought the car as I was led to believe it had a new clutch. The advert stated clutch change. The clutch went in Jan and the garage advised me the clutch was still the original clutch and it hadn’t had a new/changed one. The garage who sold me the car didn’t want to confirm either way so I rang Moneybarn to complain.

it cost me £1600 for a new clutch and flywheel.

so I put in a complaint with Moneybarn they never told me the complaints procedure or not to get the clutch replaced. Myself.. apparently the FOS have said it’s down to me to find out what the procedure is myself. Moneybarn haven’t noted all my initial conversations they have done so many things incorrectly. and then when they dealt with my complaint it had so many incorrect points in it and they rejected it. They also had my email wrong so I didn’t get any vital information regarding the complaints .

I then logged a complaint with the FOS and they have not upheld my complaint at the first decision/opinion. I feel like I’ve been badly treated by the car dealership and Also by Moneybarn, it caused me so much stress and financial hardship all at a time when I was already going through the trauma of losing my father, .

I can’t believe that it is considered as good/fair practice to be deceived when buying a car and then subject to poor complaint handling. I feel
    like I’ve been fooled and took advantage of, my dad was losing his life at the time I bought the car and I feel that telling the dealership why I needed a car to go see him put me in a vulnerable situation and they lied to my face on 2 seperate issues.. screwed over basically.

I can copy over the emails with the FOS as they are more detailed if that helps with what advice to be given on (if anything)

Really appreciate any kind advice (whether it’s good or bad news)
    Tags: None

Hi SUZIE

Welcome to LB

How did you pay the deposit for the finance?

Send the dealership / Moneybarn a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

Have you still got a copy of the advert?
      Did you receive anything in writing from the garage that fitted the replacement clutch stating that the clutch that was replaced was the original part?

Comment

Yes the advert says clutch change, they just told me that it was new and would put me on for a few years. They said that to my face.

Comment

Unfortunately you need evidence for a strong court claim.
          If you don't have anything from the garage that replaced the original clutch it is now probably too late

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X