• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with VT after taking car back please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with VT after taking car back please

Hi all.
    Need a bit of advice please
    I’ve done a voluntary termination of my car finance with Advantage Finance. I used the template letter from here and was told where to take the car etc and they confirmed I don’t owe anything as over 50% paid.
    I dropped the car off and took pictures of the condition (excellent) on 26th April but have heard nothing from them since.
    my online account is still active so today I emailed them and this back in response:

The vehicle has not yet been sold. Once this has been done we will be in contact with yourself. Your voluntary termination balance is £0 however if there is any damage costings then this may be added to the balance.

Kind regards,
    Advantage Finance Ltd

why do I have to wait for the car to be sold?
    it seems unreasonable that it has been almost 1 month since leaving the car, when looking at this forum, others get bills for ‘repair’ bills or confirmation of the VT within a couple of weeks.

is there anything I can do or do I have to wait? What if they don’t sell the car for 6 months? - do I still have to have this open account on my credit file and the anxiety of waiting for fictional repair costs hanging over me?

is there a time limit for them to finalise the VT?

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X