• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Final right to reject due to EML on car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soni442 View Post
    The finance company is Black Horse
    Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.
    Copy it to the Financial Conduct Authority, tell Black Horse that is what you are doing.

Email it to:-

Richard Jones
    Managing Director
    Black Horse Finance
    richard.jones@blackhorse.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou. I will do this right away.

Comment

Hi.

I have sent an email to the Richard Jones at Black Horse. I had a quick search and it seems as though Richard left Black Horse in 2022. Maybe the email might get forwarded to the new Director.

Comment

Hi.

I have sent an email to the Richard Jones at Black Horse. I had a quick search and it seems as though Richard left Black Horse in 2022. Maybe the email might get forwarded to the new Director.
          Sorry, Nick Williams has taken over,

Just resend, as long as they know, you mean business and won't part take in their 'games'.

Nick Williams
          Managing Director
          Black Horse Finance
          nick.williams@blackhorse.co.uk

Comment

Excellent thankyou.
            I have resent this.

Comment

Hi

Wow, I've had a reply from the finance company.
              The have closed my case as their independent report has said no faults found. And as the trader has said they will pay for the repair as the fault is still there they will have to sort it.
              So the trader has accepted the fault still there and mercedes have diagnosed fault still there but as their report says no fault they have closed the case and have said go to FOS to take further.
              I can show a copy of the letter of that helps.
              I have booked for an diagnosis with RAC for tomorrow to see if they can find the fault.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Hi

Wow, I've had a reply from the finance company.
                The have closed my case as their independent report has said no faults found. And as the trader has said they will pay for the repair as the fault is still there they will have to sort it.
                So the trader has accepted the fault still there and mercedes have diagnosed fault still there but as their report says no fault they have closed the case and have said go to FOS to take further.
                I can show a copy of the letter of that helps.
                I have booked for an diagnosis with RAC for tomorrow to see if they can find the fault.
                ​​​​​​
                Right, so that's good news of sorts.

a) Go through with the RAC diagnosis. (make the Section 75 Claim after you've done this)

b) You've paid £1,000 on Credit Card, start a Section 75 claim against your Card Provider and Dealer / Finance Company.

c) Do a summary with date and event for your Credit Card provider.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...edit-provider/

Update when you get responses.

Comment

Thankyou very much for the your help and quick responses.
                  I will put letter together now for the S75 and then once the RAC report done will send to Barclays.

Comment

Hi.

Just an update on my case.

My case has gone to Financial Ombudsman and is with a case manager which I think happened quiet quick. Fingers crossed.
                    After talking to someone they have mentioned to me that I may have been charged too much for the car. I purchased the car on 0% percent interest for £21998. If I had paid cash it would have been between £15500-£17500. If it was 0% interest should it have been the same as the cash price. I am not sure if this is a unfair price. This is now making me anxious all I wanted was a car that would keep me going for a few years. But seems as though the problems don't want to stop.
                    It is still the same on the traders website where they are selling similar cars with similar age, mileage, owners and conditions at a higher price if they are interest free.

Could I inform the FOS with this information and add it to my case?

I am very thankful for the advice I have received with the issue with my car
                    Any advice will be very much appreciated regarding this new concern.

Comment

Hi.

Just an update on my case.

My case has gone to Financial Ombudsman and is with a case manager which I think happened quiet quick. Fingers crossed.
                      After talking to someone they have mentioned to me that I may have been charged too much for the car. I purchased the car on 0% percent interest for £21998. If I had paid cash it would have been between £15500-£17500. If it was 0% interest should it have been the same as the cash price. I am not sure if this is a unfair price. This is now making me anxious all I wanted was a car that would keep me going for a few years. But seems as though the problems don't want to stop.
                      It is still the same on the traders website where they are selling similar cars with similar age, mileage, owners and conditions at a higher price if they are interest free.

Could I inform the FOS with this information and add it to my case?

I am very thankful for the advice I have received with the issue with my car
                      Any advice will be very much appreciated regarding this new concern.

What a car should be selling for can be found in the Parkers Guide.
                      I'm not sure you should introduce the cost of the car (price differentials) as
                      they may think that is the reason for your dispute. The FOS are an odd bunch.
                      Keep focus on your complaint.

Comment

Thankyou. That's very helpful. I'll just concentrate on the real issues.

Comment

Good morning

After a long few months I have some good news
                          The Financial Ombudsman have upheld my complaint and asked Black Horse to collect the car and refund my deposit. They have given Black Horse 2 weeks to respond. Fingers crossed they do not put any spanners in the works now.
                          Do the financial companies usually agree with the decision of the FOS?

​​​​I will update further when I get further information.

Thank you guys for your help.
                          ​​​

Comment

Good morning

After a long few months I have some good news
                            The Financial Ombudsman have upheld my complaint and asked Black Horse to collect the car and refund my deposit. They have given Black Horse 2 weeks to respond. Fingers crossed they do not put any spanners in the works now.
                            Do the financial companies usually agree with the decision of the FOS?

​​​​I will update further when I get further information.

Thank you guys for your help.
                            ​​​
                            That's great news, well done.
                            They can Appeal, but time / money it's not in their interests.
                            When you lodge a complaint with the FOS, Black Horse has to
                            pay the FOS to look into your complaint. As the case goes on
                            it costs more.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X