• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Purchased a vehicle with outstanding finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R0b I just wanted to come back here to say a huge thank you for your advice and also the letter template!!!

We've had a complete 360 from the finance company and are just awaiting written confirmation that they've withdrawn all interest in the car!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, glad it worked out in the end and First Response come to their senses!
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Good afternoon all,

Not sure if I am posting where I supposed to, appologise if I did anything wrong.

On 11th of June 2022 I bought an Audi A6 from a private seller, I paid £9900 for car.
        From that time I was driving it without any issues, until 9th of July where unfortunetely I had an accident where the car is not economical to repair anymore.
        My insurance evaluate the car to £7535 after the claim excess, but mentioned to me that this car have outstanding finance.
        I was really surprised and stressed to find out this, so I called MotoNovo finance(this is where my insurance advised me that the car has outstanding finance) and they confirmed back to me.
        I got proof of payment to the private seller, when the car has been bought, also some reports and invoices with his name that he assured that everything is fine with this car.

I have already few days from when I am contacting MotoNovo over the phone or by email, but I am not getting anything back.
        I would like to mention that in these over 2 years, nobody contacted me about any finance and I was not aware of anything.

1st time when I contacted MotoNovo, they took all details and mentioned to me that I will receive an email and they will start their investigation. I didn't get any email from them, I called them daily and the last update is that I have to wait because they are chasing the guy who got outstanding finance on it. I emailed them all proofs which I have but still didn't get any respond.
        My insurance can't do anything, they won't be able to pay me any money, as finance is not in my name and I don't really know from where to start to be able to resolve this issue.
        It is a really stressfull situation, I really don't know what to do next.
        Are a lots of money and I didn't do anything wrong to be honest, can you please advise me what should I do in this situation?

Thank you

Comment

Hi
          Welcome to LB
          You bought the car in good faith and have evidence of this in the form of the receipt for the car and invoices and receipts with the seller's name on it. You are the legal owner of the car until proved otherwise in court, so your insurance should be valid
          Make a complaint with the insurance company following their procedure
          If they fail to reply or you are not happy with their response, you should refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
          Have a read about the service this organisation provides on their website

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
            Hi
            Welcome to LB
            You bought the car in good faith and have evidence of this in the form of the receipt for the car and invoices and receipts with the seller's name on it. You are the legal owner of the car until proved otherwise in court, so your insurance should be valid
            Make a complaint with the insurance company following their procedure
            If they fail to reply or you are not happy with their response, you should refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
            Have a read about the service this organisation provides on their website
            Thank you for your reply.

My car insurance is waiting for me to be able to sort it out with the finance company - MotoNovo.
            They are saying that they can't pay anything until car has no outstanding finance.

I really don't know what to do to get any updates from MotoNovo fnance to be able to sort out this issue.

Comment

Follow the advice in my post

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
                Follow the advice in my post
                I will contact my insurance again tomorrow and see what I can do. They sent me an email on Friday that they can't do anything and I need to sort out with MotoNovo finance.

Did anyone ever had this problem? Are over 2 years from when I am owning the car and nobody contacted me about any outstanding finance on it.

If the accident will not happen, I think will not find out about this issue.

Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately, my car insurance is not able to do anything until I will have a settle letter from the finance company.

Finance company didn't respond anything yet to me, what should I do?

Thank you

Comment

Follow the advice in post 19

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X