• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting new vehicle with fault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting new vehicle with fault

Hi everybody,
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
    I bought a brand new Vehicle worth quite a bit of money 12 days ago, car value is around £165k. Before Handover they said they could see an issue with the Heads Up Display and would try to fix it before handover.
    Couldn't fix it so said come in anyway and we can get the car booked in to fix it at a later date.
    Collected the car but starting to think if the vehicle has this issue already what else could go wrong down the line(I've had my fair share of cars with electrical issues unfortunately and know it always gets worse!)
    I know the CRA 2015 lets me reject the car short term without them having to fix it or offer a replacement but does me knowing the fault when I collected the vehicle change anything? There is nothing on paperwork which states any faults to the car etc.
    Thanks for your time.
    Tags: None

Your difficulty is that if you have agreed to allow the trader to fix the problem you cannot reject until they have either failed to correct it, or the correction has failed

CRA 2015 Sec 23
    (6)A consumer who requires or agrees to the repair of goods cannot require the trader to replace them, or exercise the short-term right to reject, without giving the trader a reasonable time to repair them (unless giving the trader that time would cause significant inconvenience to the consumer).

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Your difficulty is that if you have agreed to allow the trader to fix the problem you cannot reject until they have either failed to correct it, or the correction has failed

CRA 2015 Sec 23
      (6)A consumer who requires or agrees to the repair of goods cannot require the trader to replace them, or exercise the short-term right to reject, without giving the trader a reasonable time to repair them (unless giving the trader that time would cause significant inconvenience to the consumer).
      Hi,
      So I have the car booked in for them to diagnose the issue with the vehicle. So does this mean I have to let them carry it out now?

Comment

It would seem so

Comment

It would seem so
          Thank you for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by hellblazer32 View Post

Hi,
            So I have the car booked in for them to diagnose the issue with the vehicle. So does this mean I have to let them carry it out now?
            Hi,
            Sorry I just realised I am within my 14 day cooling off period. Am I right in that I can cancel my agreement via this method and return it?

Comment

Only if the contract to purchase was concluded at a distance i.e. for example bought online, via mail order, or via the telephone.

Comment

Only if the contract to purchase was concluded at a distance i.e. for example bought online, via mail order, or via the telephone.
                Just to update. Mercedes said although the car is in for repair. As long as I do not collect the car then I have not accepted the repair. So I left it at the dealer and it has been rejected!

Comment

Presumably bought with finance from Mercedes finance company, and they have accepted your rejection?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X