• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Went in with bodywork issues , Came out with electrical issues. WHO'S TO BLAME ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went in with bodywork issues , Came out with electrical issues. WHO'S TO BLAME ?

So earlier in may this year i was involved in a minor non fault RTA , the vehicle needed minor repair the door , wing and bumper all on the Driver (OS) front corner.

The vehicle was collected and the full collection report of the vehicle shows only damage to the described parts with no other issues , it drove under its own power , steered under its own power, and had no warning lights on the dash other than the standard parking brake applied and seatbelt not buckled light.

My vehicle went in for repair and prior to the repair starting the garage rang to confirm i knew the car was a category car ( N ) back in 2019, i confirmed and they started repair and about 3 weeks later it came back to me, upon receiving the car i noticed the cluster had illuminated lights ( EML , SRS , Power Steering Fault ) that weren't previously there and the car was refused and taken back to be looked at.

Long story short after weeks of back and forth the in house engineer determined the lights are caused by a previous poor repair being done to get the vehicle back into a roadworthy state.

I put to the insurance that the vehicle was fully operational and had no issues prior to this garage repairing it, and had passed 4 mots with the supposed " poor repair " and to add to it being a " poor repair " the vehicle was still road worthy at time of collection, and was handed back in a dangerous non roadworthy condition.

Looking at the reviews for the garage, it seems to have a pretty terrible history that I wasn't aware of until I noticed how bad the service was and decided to check their reviews.

Basically I'm at a impasse with the insurance , my point being repaired amazing or repaired terribly it was repaired and functioned for the last 4 years leading up-to the collision and repair fine with no issues and suddenly these issues appearing are related to a 4 year old accident and has nothing to do with the garage potentially damaging or altering the loom, and insurances point being its been assessed by a in house collision engineer and found to have no relation to this accident.

Surely the bottom line is the car didn't go in with these issues so they shouldn't come back with these issues.

I'm at a complete loss on what to do or what my rights are, I'm close to contacting a ombudsman but thought id ask here prior to it.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Suppi36; 6th July 2023, 16:57:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X