• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CRA2015 used car rejected <14days off site - part exchange lost forever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRA2015 used car rejected <14days off site - part exchange lost forever?

Hello all

Currently in the process of rejecting a used car, bought under distance selling / off site. Absolutely no terms of conditions of sale received / on invoice.

Trader initially fought tooth and nail to deny me my rights under CRA2015. It seems we have arrived at the car will be collected from home and refunded to the invoice amount.

However, I traded a car I liked and would like back over a low px price,.I would not have sold the car at this price, I only went ahead with the trade on the assumption the car I purchased was fit for purpose. Only under these conditions was I happy to offset the low PX price.

I note under CRA2015 there are paths to seek the return of px, however in it's original condition.

My question is, given the dealer knowingly prepped the car post complaint been made and putting the sales contract under dispute, do I stand any reasonable chance of counterclaiming if the PX car has received prep work/parts/paint?

The dealer is unwilling to compromise in anyway and I feel that suffering a £3k loss due to their inability to provide a product fit for purpose is not fair. I am not in a comparable position vs prior to sales contract of failed purchase.
    I suggested a sum to cover prep etc, but no interest.

Thanks!
    Tags: cra, reject, used car

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X