• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finance company threating to repossess car i bought with outstanding finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance company threating to repossess car i bought with outstanding finance

Hi All

I bought a car last year with some cosmetic and mechanical issues as a sort of do up as it was a good price and affordable for me to slowly work on, i received a letter from advantage finance saying that they own the vehicle (unbeknown to me it has outstanding finance) I provided them all the information they asked for and then was ignored, this has been going on for 6 months now being ignored sending emails. I called them up today for them to say they have obtained a court order to repossess the vehicle, my purchase was not legitimate because i used cash to purchase (LEGAL TENDER) and that the court ruled my purchase was illegitimate. I asked for proof and was told because i never took out the agreement i cannot have proof even though he said the court ruled my purchase was not legit, then said the court ruling was for the car but couldn't provide that either, i asked for clarification whether this was a CCJ issued for the original person who took out the agreement and not the car he refused to answer. It had been exactly 6 months and 1 day i had been chasing them until i spoke to them today. I have now emailed the financial ombudsman for assistance but is there anyone who could assist on here or point me in the right direction ?

Advantage Finance are the company if anyone has any dealings with them

Thank you all

L
    Tags: None

Correct me if I am wrong but did you receive a Summons to Court in defense of this reposition/action ?. My understanding is you would need to defend the action in Court, if you purchased this car in good faith and have a receipt of purchase, it is then you own it, then they have to look to the original buyer and sue him/her

Comment

Nope nothing at all, they are disputing because I paid cash and only had a hand written receipt then it is a illegitimate purchase (9 year old car btw and a ford) so not a x5 or Mercedes *♂️
      They said they can now report the car stolen to the police but haven’t yet ?

thanks for your reply I appreciate it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X