• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car not fit for purpose claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car not fit for purpose claim

​​​​​​Hi I would really appreciate some advice on this matter with a car I bought. I have sent a letter before action and am now getting my claim Particulars ready to file an online claim. Have I worded it right? Is there anything else I should be quoting?
    Thanks in advance
    1. Claimant purchased a Mazda 6 saloon on the 14th May 2022
    1. The first warning light lit up the day after purchase on the 15th May and the car went into limp mode. Defendant brought a courtesy car and took the Mazda away to be fixed.
    1. The car was returned two weeks after being repaired, but the claimant received no evidence of the work carried out.(Text evidence)
    1. On the 27th June 2022, when a warning light came on and eventually resulted in the car being towed by RAC to the claimant’s workshop. (RAC report evidence)This resulted in a loss of earnings of £140 while the matter was dealt with.(Work logs and invoices)
    1. 29th July Diagnostic carried out on warranty without claimant’s knowledge at Mazda garage.(Diagnostic attached)
    1. 11th August Diagnostic carried out at Intelligent Autos-Oil pressure. (Diagnostic attached)
    1. The car was returned on 24th August The individual requested evidence of the work carried out but did not receive it.(8 x iMessage and no replies- evidence )
    1. On the 14th November the car went into limp mode and RAC came out. The car was towed then driven to the workshop (Low oil pressure) (RAC report evidence)
    1. After chasing on numerous occasions, on the 9th January the defendant asked if I would like the work carried out and I said I would like a refund.(Letter attached evidence)
    1. In conclusion the claimant refers to ‘The Sale of Goods Act 1979 which requires that goods, including cars, sold by a trader to a consumer must be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose, and as described. If a car is found to be defective or not fit for purpose, the buyer may have a legal right to a repair, replacement, or refund’ and is therefore requesting a full refund for the purchase price of the car, £8499, plus court costs and loss of earnings of £140. The evidence put forward shows that the car was not of satisfactory quality and was not fit for purpose at the day of sale, and that the defendant’s dealership breached its contractual and statutory obligations in selling a faulty car.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X