• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cazoo Subscription Termination with Excess Mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cazoo Subscription Termination with Excess Mileage

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

I'm looking for some advice on a situation that might happen, so not something is happening, but based on a communication I received this morning, I think it's more likely than not. Anyway, I have a car on a 36 month Cazoo subscription with a limitation of 1,000 miles per month. I'm now 14 months into my subscription and all has been going well, but today I received an email from Cazoo explaining that they are changing the terms of the agreement so that they can give me three months notice to end the agreement from 13th January 2023. I'm not sure what the original cancellation notice was, but the email talks about how they ended taking on new subscriptions back in July, and now they're making changes so they can end existing subscriptions early if they want to, so my assumption is that there probably wasn't any notice.

My question is about excess mileage if they decide to terminate my agreement. I am aware that if I return the car back to them after the 36 month agreement ends then I will liable for excess mileage but what if they terminate the agreement before the 36 months? As an example, I am over mileage on the car. In the first year I did more than I expected, but since it's one year anniversary, I have not used the car anywhere near as much as I am looking at breaking even by the end of year two. Now, I am aware that I should have kept within in the 1,000 miles a month, but at the time I needed to drive the car more and knew that the usage would tail off eventually and wouldn't be a problem come the end of the 36 month agreement. Now there is the prospect that Cazoo will terminate the agreement and I will be over the miles. So, I'm just wondering what my legal stand point is here. If they terminate the agreement early, will I be liable to pay the excess mileage charges?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X