• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car on PCP, been messed about for 4 months with repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car on PCP, been messed about for 4 months with repairs

In June 2021 I got a car from a VW dealer purchased with finance via VW Financial Services.

In June 2022 I got it serviced by VW.

In July 2022, the engine suddenly went into limp mode, one month out of warranty.

VW didn't have space for me to take it in until mid-August. I handed it over on August 16.

After nearly 2 months of waiting for someone to look at it, VW said that it needs a new engine because of a faulty part.

The POC handling my repair keeps moving the goalposts.
    • "We're just waiting for the technician to come back off holiday so he can have a look at it"
    • "We don't have any engine bays available but one should be free next week"
    • "The technician is back on holiday now"
    • "We've ordered the parts we need and are waiting for them"
    • " we are hoping to get the car in if all goes well towards end of this week/beginning of next"
    • "I am going on holiday now but I will make sure someone keeps you updated..."

And on and on and on and on. Of course, nobody has kept me updated. The last communication was two weeks ago.

It has been nearly four months now. I've essentially been paying for a car I have zero use of. I don't even want it any longer. Don't want to deal with VW ever again.

Do I have any grounds to make them take the car back and end the PCP agreement?

Can I argue frustration of contract? I'm not getting enjoyment/use of the vehicle, which is their end of the bargain.
    Tags: None

Apologies, an Audi from an Audi dealer through VW Finance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X