• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice for issue with Tesla reclaiming large car deposit paid twice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for issue with Tesla reclaiming large car deposit paid twice

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Tesla in the UK? I'm currently trying to reclaim a payment they asked for by mistake.

History as follows

1. Ordered car in April. Delivery was stated as June and they asked for the final payment (initial upfront finance payment) of £17750 , the rest was on finance. My Tesla account stated I must make the payment in order to arrange delivery of the car (also in their app)

2. Paid and Tesla and showed deposit paid. A couple of days later, Tesla then changed the delivery date from June to Sep-Oct then to Nov.

At this point, I complained to Tesla sales and they stated I should never have been asked for the payment as a vehicle hadn't been allocated to me and was concerned with how I got their payment details. They promptly apologised and promised to refund the amount back to my account. My intention at this point is still to get the car and not cancel the order and pay the amount when the car is actually ready for delivery.

3. After several weeks of chasing they stated that the money had been refunded to my account (9th June) and my Tesla account had been updated to show zero initial payment made.

4. Having checked my bank account, I can confirm the money has not been refunded, spoke to my bank who confirmed there were no pending transactions. I know the bank details were correct as I took a screenshot of my details as they requested and also confirmed the details in emails, my bank has asked them to supply a "faster payment trace" . Also sent Tesla evidence of my inbound bank transactions as proof nothing received.

5. At the same time Tesla have mysteriously changed my delivery from October to June and allocated a car (this is what was meant to happen at step1) and confirmed collection. As we still want the car, I have paid the 17750 again and the car is confirmed for delivery. However the initial 17750 is still not in my bank account.

Effectively Tesla have now taken 35.5K in initial payments, the simple request of refunding the initial payment of 17.75K is proving very challenging. The contacts in Tesla have stopped responding to my emails after claiming they've made the refund. Each time I've been polite and professional. I've asked for them to provide proof of the transfer and the payment trace my bank has requested and nothing in response.

Any advice on what we can do ? I have the complete e-mail evidence chain of Tesla admitting the mistake, promising to refund and stating it's been made, I have the emails and screenshots from Tesla's system showing the two payments plus evidence of the transactions from my bank.

Unlike traditional car manufacturers there doesn't appear to be a way to escalate things.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sw1000; 17th June 2022, 21:32:PM.
    Tags: None

Instigate a charge back through your bank

Comment

I would be writing a letter of complaint to their UK MD. Patricia Quinn @ Unit 3b, First Avenue, Minworth, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, England, B76 1BA

add that you are reluctant to initiate a court claim but ...........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X