• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting car due to mechanic damaging car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting car due to mechanic damaging car

Hi all totally new to this sort of thing but looking for some advice/guidance
    I bought a vw golf gtd in December and requested the timing belt was done to be told it had been (perfect)
    on Monday I was driving the car to work and it starting making an awful noise and was riding a lot of vibrating
    after a mechanic friend who works in a garage next door to my work (and the dealership we got it from) put it on his ramp it was evident that when the timing belt was changed you have to take the engine mount out which is held on by stretch bolts (which aren’t to be reused) well the mechanic at the dealership did reuse the same stretch bolts and they sheared and cause the engine mount to fail and the engine dropped cause an excessive oil leak, coolant leak, damage to the water pump and timing belt and god know what else

after telling the dealership the problems they went and collected the car and agreed with everything I have just said

onto my issue is they are willing to fix it all but after it’s emptied all its oil/coolant etc I have no faith in the car or their mechanics to carry out such repairs

I have told them I want to hand the car back and I am happy to take another car same model/mileage with the same finance payments I have now for the same term

they are wanting me to start a new 60 month term on the new car and pay full price

I put £1000 deposit on the car and have paid 3 payments of £352 so far so roughly £2000

so I am basically losing £2000 and I am having to buy a new car for full cost

still haven’t had an apology of the dealership and no explanation as too how a qualified mechanic has been so stupid

any advice or more questions about it please ask or tell

i have tried to keep this as short as possible

thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X