• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car credit cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car credit cancellation

Please advise
    my son fell behind with his car payments with santander, their legal team dwf sent a warning letter, to which my son called and spoke to them, told themselves was struggling due to changing jobs in which the pay date was the end of month not middle as previously agreed. Made a payment plan for the next 3 payments to be so that he was upto date with the plan before going back to his normal monthly amount,and that because it was coming up to Christmas they would let him pay in January when he got paid on Mon 31st unfortunately my son never got the confirmation email ( spam box) the agent hadn't set the plan up as discussed and they didn't receive a payment on the 15 December which was not discussed or then the 15th Jan as my son was on the understanding he had to make the first planned on this Monday. Instead received a letter from santander saying it was giving back from dwf and seeking full payment as they had cancelled credit agreements. My wife called them today and offered to pay the outstanding amount plus 3 months payments (£2000) but they said because it was cancelled there's nothing we can do! Is this true? We have asked for the voice recording of the chat with agent but this will come to late as they are demanding the car back by Friday 4th February Help
    Tags: None

Hi Sideways

a) Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, why the bank has got it wrong (they promised to set up payment plan) and what you want them to do (set up payment plan as promised).

In your letter make sure you state the following 'I would remind you that Santander are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Santander Bank signed up to the Banking Conduct of Business Sourcebook (BCOBS). BCOBS states that 'a firm to pay due regard to the information needs of its clients and communicate information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading'.

Also add the following at the end of the letter - 'If a payment plan is not set up I will be left with no choice but to lodge a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service'.

Email the letter to the CEO of Santander - nathan.bostock@santander.co.uk (his executive Team will pick it up).

Follow the bank's complaint procedure.

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal...ow-to-complain

https://www.bsa.org.uk/BSA/files/b9/...249e8aa013.pdf

b) Also send Santander a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account for at least 6 years. That should include all recent communications. So if it's been agreed the advisor would have noted it on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

c) Write to DWF informing them that a Formal Letter of Complaint has been lodged with Santander, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

The complaint should put a halt to DWF doing anything for the time being, whilst the matter is being investigated.

Comment

Thanks will do it now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X