• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used Car Rejection - First 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Car Rejection - First 30 days

Hi all

Hope you are good. Could any of your legal minds advise on the following situation

12 Dec - leave deposit on 2nd hand car. £6k. 50k miles.

14 Dec - Collect and pay in full via Visa Debit. Noisy engine detected on drive back home.

16 Dec - Put Car into local garage to investigate if engine sound is normal. They advise a Link Chain could cause a rattle and I replace at my own expense. They also said "You do realise this engine has been apart recently?". I didn't know that.

24th Dec - Car experiences misfire, juddering and enters limp mode. only 180 miles driven at this point.

29th Dec - Car recovered by AA to local main dealer. They diagnose Cylinder 2 as having zero compression. Potential engine replacement required. Will cost £900 to take engine apart. I decline as I believe a lack of cylinder compression is enough to reject the car on.

31st Dec - Car recovered to the street opposite my house. Call dealer to report issue. They say will call back but don't.

4th Jan - Call dealer. They return my call offer replacement engine or refund. I state I want a refund at this point. They say they will collect the car on 5th January. They wont provide a refund until they have confirmed the issue.

So do i formally reject the car prior to them collecting?

Do i need to sign the car over to them when they collect?

Should i be concerned that they want to diagnose themselves

Anything else to consider. My worry is they have toxic reviews re: aftersales and disputes.
    Last edited by Tropical; 4th January 2022, 13:20:PM.
    Tags: None

You formally reject the car before pick up. You must mention CRA 2015.

Comment

I would take pictures / video of the car, just in case they say you damaged it.
      Write out a letter to say it's been collected on this date. Make a note of mileage.
      I wouldn't worry about the 'diagnose', they will probably stick to 'form' and
      comeback with something stupid.

Comment

I did reject the car prior to collection.

Refreshingly they were true to their word, accepted the rejection and refunded me in full yesterday.

Was frankly amazed given some of the reviews I had read of them.
        ​​​​​​Thanks for your replies guys.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X