• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motonovo after 2 years putting a default on credit score after VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motonovo after 2 years putting a default on credit score after VT

2 years ago I VTd my nissan navara. They took the car and no issues then phoned to say I owed £500 odd pound. They used a debt collection agency who never wrote and always phoned. I insisted they send a letter and I would then reply which never happened. I looked on clear score and it is saying motonovo updating my account next month as in default. Please can you advise as I am going for a mortgage thus year and thus will affect it. Thanks colin
    Tags: None

Hello,

Are you able to upload a screenshot of the payment history including the default and whether the account is recorded as active or closed or something else?

A couple of other questions might help to assist:

- Did Motonovo send you any letters like a default notice or invoice for the £500 or was this all claimed to be owed over the phone?

- Have you made a subject access request for all information Motonovo hold about you? If not, that would be the sensible thing to do asap. You should ask in your request for a history of your account such as changes, notes or other comments as well as copies of correspondence sent to you.

- Have you written to them since finding out about it and asked them to remove it?

I'm afraid things like these are not normally resolved very quickly, and from my knowledge Motonovo can be a right royal pain. You can of course go down the formal complaint route to the financial ombudsman or the ICO but they can take quite a while and no guarantee that they will find in your favour. If you want to put Motonovo on the back foot and get any meaningful action, you are better off taking them to court because they will need to defend or accept liability. The choice is yours, however.

There is one step you can take before starting the legal process and that is to exercise your right of objection to them processing your data under the GDPR. This will be on the basis that the agreement was terminated over 2 years ago and they cannot now record you are being in default when the agreement does not legally exist anymore. As it is a legal right, Motonovo would need to respond within one month of receipt either complying with your request or rejecting it and then explaining the basis on which they are processing. You can then use that as evidence if you go down the legal path as they then cannot deny the processing was based on that reason or principle and try to argue something else.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Thank you I never missed any payments and made well over the requested amount on my contract. I will dig out the letters tonight and print if your reply and contact them.

Kind regards

Colin

Comment

Re uploaded
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Toddmiester; 31st December 2021, 20:42:PM.

Comment

Hi I eventually got a reply. They said they sent me an Invoice stating damage but they never.

Here is what they said was damaged should at for images as I dispute this?

Good afternoon Mr Irvine,

Thank you for your email. I can see we sent a letter to you after you handed the vehicle back outlining your liability following the hand back of your vehicle. I’ve attached a copy here. These charges were outlined when you handed the vehicle back as part of the vehicle condition report. To confirm these are:

FRONT SEAT BASE COVER RIGHT, HOLED - £330.46
          FRONT WING RIGHT DENT - £210.42

TOTAL = £540.88

Comment

Originally posted by Toddmiester View Post
            Hi I eventually got a reply. They said they sent me an Invoice stating damage but they never.

Here is what they said was damaged should at for images as I dispute this?

Good afternoon XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email. I can see we sent a letter to you after you handed the vehicle back outlining your liability following the hand back of your vehicle. I’ve attached a copy here. These charges were outlined when you handed the vehicle back as part of the vehicle condition report. To confirm these are:

FRONT SEAT BASE COVER RIGHT, HOLED - £330.46
            FRONT WING RIGHT DENT - £210.42

TOTAL = £540.88
            Can you please redact the personal information in the attachment and repost (4).

Comment

Hi done

They replied to my request for a copy of the images of the damages. This was the reply.

"Good afternoon Mr !!!

Thank you for your email and for letting us know the items of damage were present at the point of sale. I’ve had a look through the notes on your agreement and can’t see that you brought this to our attention when you took out the finance agreement.

Can you please provide some kind of evidence that the damage was there at the point of sale? If you can send us photographs of this damage at the point of sale then we can review this for you. If you’re unable to provide this then the charges would still stand."

Last edited by Toddmiester; 31st December 2021, 20:44:PM.

Comment

Have a read through the excellent Guide on VT's, really one for Rob.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X